EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Quick! What is the best superpower and why? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/quick-what-best-superpower-why-39190.html)

Xist 03-09-2021 01:49 PM

Quick! What is the best superpower and why?

Apparently this is considered an expected interview question.

freebeard 03-09-2021 03:03 PM

Knowing what women want.

Xist 03-09-2021 03:18 PM

Do you think the review team would have preferred that to "Knowing what animals want and need?"

Of course, the relevant version would be "Knowing what my clients, students, and\or patients want and need."

We cannot think of them as pets! That would ruin everything!

oil pan 4 03-09-2021 04:23 PM

I was thinking something along the same lines as freebeard but more "modern problems" if you have seen the movie you know what part I'm talking about.

freebeard 03-09-2021 04:27 PM

Quote:

Do you think the review team would have preferred that...
That got recursive fast.

I'm often not sure what I want, but doggos and puppers want steak.

freebeard 03-09-2021 04:44 PM

There's a movie? I thought it was a meme. knowyourmeme.com/memes/modern-problems-require-modern-solutions

JSH 03-09-2021 06:31 PM

I don't know about the best superpower but the best superhero is Doorman. (Just learned about him from the podcast Planet Money)

https://www.writeups.org/wp-content/...s-handbook.jpg

Xist 03-09-2021 08:42 PM

The unanimous conclusion is that I take this far too seriously. It is supposed to be fun!

Does not compute.

Highly illogical.

With great power comes great responsibility.

Given the chance, I would want whatever powers would be necessary to become a trillionaire between 2000-2014, sell my company to my employees, run for president, and use my future knowledge and present resources to make myself one of the top ten presidents to-date.

Maybe the top five.

My platform would be "I will match every dollar donated to these hundred charities until the election. What is my rival doing?"

My ads wouldn't be that I am great and wonderful or that my opponent isn't, I would buy airtime for those hundred charities, have them run ads, and have them say "Until 11/3/2020 Xist will match all donations."

However, what I really want to do is go back a couple of years and make myself my crazy kindergartner's one-on-one full-time teacher. If she had that kind of care and attention I sure hope that we would overcome her behaviors, learn her colors, and be able to express her wants and needs. Hopefully she wouldn't be too far behind her classmates, maybe even caught up.

In that case, I would want to go back, double major in special education and speech therapy, and be the one-on-one full-time teacher for another kid that is behind the curve, but could catch up with help.

I don't want wealth beyond dreams of avarice, I want a cute house, a Civic HX that looks decent and runs well, and a full-time job where I make a difference.

freebeard 03-10-2021 11:48 AM

[QUOTE]My platform would be...

My ads wouldn't be ...[QUOTE]

So the greatest superpower is advertising? And you'd use it for politics?
Quote:

It is supposed to be fun!
You think knowing what women want would not be fun?

Piotrsko 03-11-2021 10:41 AM

Ummmm, knowing what what women want has not been universally helpful in my experience since they seem to want so many undefined intangibles that I can't possibly deliver.

Xist: by now you should realze that those style questons are designed to eliminate you by revealing an aberrant personality. The resume gets you in there, the interview establishes reasons to deselect. Try not to help that process. Long ago a friend named Heindahl found that to ace interviews one had to be as milktoast as possible, but likeable as a baby puppy.