EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   QX4DUDE clears the air. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/qx4dude-clears-air-26766.html)

qx4dude 08-23-2013 01:08 PM

QX4DUDE clears the air.

I probably should change my handle to "TDIdude" since I don't have that gas-guzzling SUV anymore. I used to be satisfied with getting 17MPG, but now 45MPG has become the norm.

I'm new to the forum, and regret ruffling feathers on the "15 more PSI" thread. I'm not looking to re-hash the thread which was completely beaten to death, but I thought I was just making an argument about following warning labels, and the danger that "could" exist when people choose to do otherwise. Some people apparently took great offense to that, and resorted to name calling - which is unfortunate, and probably the reason the administrator locked the thread a few moments ago. Again, please, let's not open that debate. I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. I hope others are too.

I think people are generally helpful, and can respect other's positions even when they are contradictory to what they believe. That's what a free country is about. We may not all agree with each other, but I'd assume we're all here for the same reason: To help ourselves and others increase MPG, bounce ideas around, and try to help everyone get the most out of our vehicles.

mcrews 08-23-2013 01:40 PM

QX4DUDE said: "Some people apparently took great offense to that, and resorted to name calling - which is unfortunate"

Who are 'some people"...?
You slandered Niky.........

QX4DUDE said about Niky: "You are a true renaissance man. Not only are you a part-time mechanical / design engineer with a specialty in bonding steel & rubber compounds, but also a self-proclaimed pharmacist, and have a MD pedigree."

apologize for calling HIM names. I believe you tried to make some 'part-time' reference? :thumbup:

niky 08-23-2013 02:29 PM

Actually, I believe he was talking about me.

-

Of course, I don't know anything about medicine. It's not like I come from three generations of doctors, got halfway through pre-med before shifting courses and am both a stockholder and administrator at a Medical University. Oh, wait... I do, I did and I am. :rolleyes:

-

I'm no engineer, either. I am a mere automotive writer, racer, technical driver, data logger and data analyst for the local car awards group, who's done hundreds of braking, acceleration and handling tests every year for the past few years. So I know a little bit of how tires perform at different pressures. :thumbup:

-

@qx4dude: The previous thread got locked because it was going in circles, and every time an argument was made that you couldn't refute with a thought-out counter-argument, you started misrepresenting other people's arguments. And then, you started attacking other members' qualifications to make arguments.

Not nice.

-

If you would simply read what other people are posting and try to understand where they are coming from, as well as try to take the time to discover the qualifications of some of the members here (as pointed out in the other thread, there's a reason that all of us listen when CapriRacer posts about tires!), then you'll do fine.

mcrews 08-23-2013 02:50 PM

I stand corrected!
(edited previous post)

qx4dude 08-23-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrews (Post 386822)
I stand corrected!
(edited previous post)

Actually I didn't engage in name calling - you did. Recognizing someone as a "renaissance man" is actually a complement.

ren·ais·sance man
Noun
A person with many talents or interests, esp. in the humanities.

I had no idea there were so "talented" people, on this site including engineers, doctors, pharmacists, and so on.

Again, let's agree to disagree. Siting my example: If you choose to take expired meds - that's your choice, and I won't call you names for doing so. I mean no offense.

mcrews 08-23-2013 03:53 PM

passive-aggressive

'dude'
Since no one has come to your defense....maybe change your mocking style. It's not working here.

truth is....you are clueless if you 'meant nooffense'. you did. read Niky's post. he pretty much summed you up.

just as an example: I had no idea there were so "talented" people, on this site including engineers, doctors, pharmacists, and so on

what is this rude & mocking comment about???

1. "I had no idea" so shut up and read some threads. There are some VERY smart people here. Case in point: the clock-cleaning you got on the closed thread.
2. "so 'talented' " Really! Take your mocking and passive/aggressive attitude back to the 4x4 site.

Daox 08-23-2013 03:58 PM

Alright fellas, lets just drop it and get along.

qx4dude 08-24-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daox (Post 386838)
Alright fellas, lets just drop it and get along.

I agree.

I never meant for the discussion to get personal, and honestly had no idea that a subject like tire pressure could end up being such a contentious issue. Really, it's OK to agree to disagree - but at the same time respecting the other's point of view. There are times when both sides of the argument have merit, which is what happened here.

I'm a member on a few other sites, and some of them maintain "banned subject" lists because they can quickly turn emotional and personal. Discussions about tire pressure seem to fall into that category - at least on this site.

So, for everyone that I upset, please accept my apology.

SentraSE-R 08-24-2013 05:29 PM

Howdy, dude. I don't think I participated in that other thread, so apology accepted, and welcome.

UltArc 08-24-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrews (Post 386810)
QX4DUDE said:[COLOR="red"][B][I]
Who are 'some people"...?
You slandered Niky.........

I don't mean to interrupt this (I didn't really read much after it started to get dramatic), but slander is when someone speaks it, libel is when it's written or published. I just want to help clarify!

Like when people say they were robbed...when they were actually burglarized, or they think they went to prison for three days...that was jail lol.