EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Is this a Scam???? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/scam-32091.html)

pgfpro 06-04-2015 08:20 PM

Is this a Scam????
 
Need my fellow ecomodder friends input?

I recently ran across a Craigslist add that had a very clean 1997 Eclipse GSX.
kenwoodMitsubishi Eclipse custom sound1997system

Anyway I responded my text.
"Checking to see if you still have the Eclipse for sale?What engine is in it?"

He responded with
"I saw that you called/text about the 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX at $1500.00, text me your email, that way I will be able to send you more info and pics. Thanks."

So I sent my email address and received pics about 3 hours later.
The car has a Magnus SMIM, Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, FP manifold etc. Lots of performance parts.lol
His message with pics.
"Glad you are one of the people interested in buying my 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I'm selling it because I'm serving in Offutt AFB, Nebraska but I was promoted and transferred to Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage Alaska for a 3 years period, so I don't need it anymore at this time. Let me give you a few details about it: very good shape, no mechanical issues, no scratches no dents, and it has never been involved in any kind of accidents. Has only 155,500 miles, its manual, with an 2.0L engine, AWD, white exterior. I have a clear title, free of any liens or loans on it, under my name.
Not interested in a trade and my final price is $1,500.
If you are interested in buying it or for any help that you might need, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thanks a lot,"

I wrote back
I'm very interested in your car and by the pics and the condition, I would pay your asking price no problem.
I live in Coeur d Alene, and I can meet you tomorrow with cash. Just let me know what works for you?
My back ground. I'm the manager of KC Auto Paint CDA and I'm 53 years old with a passion for these cars. So I have the money and will pay your price no problems.;)

Thanks again Russell Ramsey

Nothing until 4:00 pm the next day.
He wrote this.
"Hey how are you doing today? As I told you in my first email, I recently got promoted. The vehicle is located in Omaha, Nebraska, but i advertised it on other states also to get more exposure and sell it faster. The vehicle is already at the shipping company, ready to be delivered to its future new owner. The deal is handled by eBay so I don't have much to do about it. Using eBay`s Buyer Protection Program, you get free shipping, at your place in 1-3 days. In addition, you get 7 days to try it out before buying it, and if you don't like it, you can send it back at my expense. For more info on how it works, I can ask eBay to send you an email with more details on how to buy it. They will contact you shortly, as soon as have your personal details. If you would like to receive the email from eBay Motors with all the transaction information, please reply with your whole name, address and phone # and they will contact you right away.
Have a great day,
All the best, "


Anyway. Its very strange in the Craigslist add he doesn't even mention that its a GSX. He also doesn't mention all the performance goodies ever.
The most strange thing he says it has no leaks. lol Its a DSM they all leak.;)

Insight for life 06-04-2015 08:22 PM

100% spam! Sorry. They are getting really clever these days wow! Have you tried to call him?

pgfpro 06-04-2015 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insight for life (Post 482135)
100% spam! Sorry. They are getting really clever these days wow!

Dang it he has my email address.:mad: lol

I did try to call but no answer?

Insight for life 06-04-2015 08:35 PM

Don't call... I just called. Its a Google voice number. So now they have my cell number on there computer, which I hoping is not already for sale to the highest bidder. But yes the Google voice number is just another sign that's its spamo.

kir_kenix 06-04-2015 08:38 PM

Guaranteed he is not at Offutt air force base in Omaha, Ne. Any $1,500 semi-sports car would be gone in about 10 seconds to some new airman fresh out of tech school. No point in putting it on Craigslist and incurring extra fees associated with shipping such an inexpensive car.

If you are really serious about it still and want somebody to put eyes on it, I am currently on federal orders (Air National Guard) in Lincoln, Ne. I drive past Omaha twice a week on my way back home for the weekends and could check it out. Also, If you give me his name I could see if the person in question is even an airman serving at Offutt very, very easily.

Good luck either way...but I am 99.9% sure that what you are seeing is a very sophisticated/creative scammer.

pgfpro 06-04-2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insight for life (Post 482139)
Don't call... I just called. Its a Google voice number. So now they have my cell number on there computer, which I hoping is not already for sale to the highest bidder. But yes the Google voice number is just another sign that's its spamo.

Sorry:o

pgfpro 06-04-2015 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kir_kenix (Post 482141)
Guaranteed he is not at Offutt air force base in Omaha, Ne. Any $1,500 semi-sports car would be gone in about 10 seconds to some new airman fresh out of tech school. No point in putting it on Craigslist and incurring extra fees associated with shipping such an inexpensive car.

If you are really serious about it still and want somebody to put eyes on it, I am currently on federal orders (Air National Guard) in Lincoln, Ne. I drive past Omaha twice a week on my way back home for the weekends and could check it out. Also, If you give me his name I could see if the person in question is even an airman serving at Offutt very, very easily.

Good luck either way...but I am 99.9% sure that what you are seeing is a very sophisticated/creative scammer.

Thanks Man!!!

His name he gave me is Bryan Coday
His email is bryancoday@reagan.com

kir_kenix 06-04-2015 08:59 PM

OK, I should be able to see if he is actually an airman serving in Omaha. Give me 1/2 an hour or so and I'll let you know.

user removed 06-04-2015 09:07 PM

Paypal scam.

regards
mech

pgfpro 06-04-2015 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kir_kenix (Post 482145)
OK, I should be able to see if he is actually an airman serving in Omaha. Give me 1/2 an hour or so and I'll let you know.

Major thanks!!!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com