EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Instrumentation (https://ecomodder.com/forum/instrumentation.html)
-   -   Scangauge display closing when EOC, fueltype set to Hybrid (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/scangauge-display-closing-when-eoc-fueltype-set-hybrid-13594.html)

Lokalazeros 06-17-2010 04:42 PM

Scangauge display closing when EOC, fueltype set to Hybrid

Hi,

I've been trying to beat my tank-to-tanks fuel economy since a month or two already, and now I would feel safe trying to engine off coast on some of the hills I get to travel during my commute. What I am noticing is that the display closes after a short time (closing with the key, then back to ON)

From what I've read, setting fuel type to Hybrid should keep the unit awake. I don't mind the display closing, but is the unit still computing the distance I travel ?

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks.

RobertSmalls 06-17-2010 05:49 PM

No, turning the key turns off the ScanGauge, and it can't record your distance. Turning the key backwards powers down lots of systems: the ECU, the OBD-II port, speedometer, turn signals, headlights, wipers, ABS, SRS. A fuel injector kill switch is the best way to kill your engine and keep your mpg logging accurate.

PaleMelanesian 06-17-2010 05:51 PM

Set the fuel type to hybrid. If you are turning back ON, the SG will stay awake. That's the only difference the Hybrid setting makes. I think it should be the default. You will lose whatever distance you travel while the key is off, but that is small. If the SG display turns off, it is no longer calculating anything.

Fuel Type Gas: Scangauge powers down when the engine is not running, even with ignition on
Fuel Type Hybrid: Scangauge powers down only when the ignition is turned off

Piwoslaw 06-18-2010 06:22 AM

I've got the same problem: When in "Diesel" fuel mode it goes blank when EO(ff)C'ing, but when I switch to "Hybrid" it still shuts off, plus show totally wierd data when on. When EO(ff)C'ing the car's OEM fuel consumption computer doesn't register distance, even though it's on, but the electronic odometer in the dashboard does. I've learned to live with it.
If you want accurate distance logging, totally independent of anything else, you can try what a Swiss ecomodder did: He hooked up a bicycle speedometer sensor and magnet to one of the front wheels and calibrated it to be closer to true than the car's speedo/odo. I can never find the link, I know it's here somewhere...

PaleMelanesian 06-18-2010 09:16 AM

Like I said, the Hybrid setting should be default. The fact that you can't choose Hybrid-diesel is a big problem. It would only take a few likes of code to change that, too. :(

99metro 07-02-2010 03:22 PM

Hybrid doesn't work either for me. If I turn the key off just long enough for the engine to quit when EOCing, then turn the key back on (in the run position), SGII will turn off after a few seconds. While still doing the same EOCing and hit any button on the SGII it will come back on for a few seconds then turn back off. I may try the fuel injector circuit interrupt and see if that works instead of turn the key off then back on. NOW I know what I can use that A/C button for!

Piwoslaw 05-14-2012 12:41 PM

Good news!
It appears that updating the ScanGauge's firmware gives a new option to keep it on during EOC. You can now keep your fuel type (no switching to 'Hybrid', unless that is your case). Here is what to do:
From the start screen press MORE, then cycle through the options until ADV SETTINGS, enter EDIT and cycle to SLEEP EVENT. By default this is set to 0 RPM, so the SGII shuts off when the engine stops. But if set to NO COM, then the ScanGauge should stay on during EOC. NO COM is default when in Hybrid fuel mode.
Warning: This may cause your ECU and SGII to stay on and drain the battery. Make sure that they turn off properly when you key off and leave the vehicle.

My SGII was recently upgraded (ver. 4.0.1 iirc) and I found this new option. It appears to work just fine, even though I have a diesel:D
+1 for LL:thumbup:

EDIT: In my SGII the SLEEP EVENT has a third option: VOLT. I can't find any info on this option, the SG manual only mentions 0 RPM and NO COM. Maybe it is for electric vehicles?