EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Instrumentation (https://ecomodder.com/forum/instrumentation.html)
-   -   ScanGauge II firmware UPDATE - discount / group buy for EcoModder members (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/scangauge-ii-firmware-update-discount-group-buy-ecomodder-18535.html)

mcrews 08-16-2011 08:39 PM

ScanGauge II firmware UPDATE - discount / group buy for EcoModder members

HOTT HOTTT HOTTTT
ADMIN EDIT: Linear Logic will update EcoModder members' ScanGauges for $18. See post #9 for details.

----

SCANGAUGE WILL UPDATE YOU OLDER SCANGAUGE 2 FOR $25.IGNORE!!!!! now $18 !!!!!!!(Version 4.02 was the first release with the updated menu system and performance monitoring.)

cAN WE DO A GROUP BUY??? AND GET THE PRICE LOWER.

MODS ADMINS:thumbup:

Upgrade : Linear Logic - Home of the ScanGauge

Daox 08-16-2011 10:37 PM

You should give them a call and see if they've even added anything since the version you have. It may be little bug fixes or other things that won't benefit you at all.

t vago 08-16-2011 10:39 PM

Going by their website, it would appear the the latest firmware adds a nifty feature aimed at performance-minded folks. It would be nice to upgrade my ScanGauge (IIRC, I have 3.51), but I'm not going to make it a priority right now.

mcrews 08-17-2011 12:47 AM

and i repeat:
(Version 4.02 was the first release with the updated menu system and performance monitoring.)

as t vago stated, it has the new stuff.

so it's not just fixing some bugs.

but I'll be glad to perform a 'moderator function' and call the company on the behalf of ecommodder members who purchased their scangauge from ecomodder, and inguire into the specifics and if we can get a group discount. (undersgtanding of course, that I was on of the first to purchase my scangauge thru ecommoder)

So, I'm doing the administrator function AND customer service function for ecomodder.com.

just so we are clear........

MetroMPG 08-17-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrews (Post 256638)
So, I'm doing the administrator function AND customer service function for ecomodder.com.

just so we are clear........

Not clear to me. :)

Are you volunteering to pursue/manage this? It's fine with me, if you are.

Or are you poking EM with a stick? If you are, I'm happy to contact Linear Logic to ask about this.

mcrews 08-17-2011 01:14 PM

well..............

I guess I felt like the second post was a brush off......

when, in fact, I had done my research and even posted the link to the page.

Daox 08-17-2011 01:20 PM

Not a brush off at all. I know a certain other member looked into this recently only to find that the update wouldn't have done anything for him. You didn't mention your firmware was so old so I just wanted to make sure for you and for others.

mcrews 08-17-2011 01:55 PM

just spoke to the makers of Scangauge.............(hummmmm)

here is the actual link to the upgrade:

Using Performance Monitor : Linear Logic : Home of the ScanGauge

When I asked about a group buy.........ready..........here it comes.........

SHE SAID: "ARE YOU AN ADMINISTRATOR OF ECOMODDER?"

(geeeeee.......why did I find myself laughing..........)

Now, maybe it's just me......
But I remember somebody saying in a RECENT post that ecomodder makes $ when we buy from ecomodder.

SOOOOOOO...........

You are the retailer.........It would be in your best interest to SERVICE the people that you sell...............

I could draw a picture at this point..................

MetroMPG 08-17-2011 02:46 PM

I prefer crayon pictures, pleeeease. :P

---

I'll contact them.

MetroMPG 08-17-2011 06:17 PM

Good news: EcoModder members get a discount:

Quote:

We would be more then happy to work with your group.

I can do the upgrades for $18 which will include shipping back to the user.

If this is good, they can follow the normal instructions for the upgrade at Upgrade : Linear Logic - Home of the ScanGauge and in the notes of the upgrade form write in: "Ecomodder group buy".

gone-ot 08-17-2011 08:50 PM

... Thanks, McCrews & MetroMPG -- will be packing it up and shipping mine off tomorrow!

CigaR007 08-17-2011 09:06 PM

Is this a time-limited offer ?

It would be cool if we could update the firmware ourselves through the Ethernet interface. Simply download it and interchange the firmware.

Unless there was a major change in the circuitry that would ultimately prevent us from doing so.

mcrews 08-17-2011 10:37 PM

:thumbup:
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 256783)
Good news: EcoModder members get a discount:

:thumbup::thumbup:

U DA MAN!!!!!!:cool:

mcrews 08-17-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Tele man (Post 256816)
... Thanks, McCrews & MetroMPG -- will be packing it up and shipping mine off tomorrow!

me too

me too

:D

mcrews 08-18-2011 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 256724)
I prefer crayon pictures, pleeeease. :P

---

I'll contact them.

:cool:

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/v...re_page001.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::thumbup:

mcrews 08-18-2011 02:13 AM

just mailed mine.
wrote BILL TO DARIN om form where charge card goes.......

tee hee hee

I did write Ecomodder Group buy $18

CigaR007 08-18-2011 12:18 PM

Just out of curiosity, what firmware version is your scangauge II ?

Mine is 3.17

mcrews 08-18-2011 01:03 PM

i didn't even look.
I bought it in 2009..probably the first to buy direct from ecommoder.

I'm doing the up grade for the PERFOEMANCE FEATURES!!!!

gone-ot 08-18-2011 01:07 PM

...mine is 3.17 also, bought in Dec'09 from EcoModder.com

SoobieOut 08-18-2011 01:09 PM

Just checked, mine is already at 4.02 since it was a recent purchase.

Will be interesting to see if others (after the update) see the 0 GPM on the SG at full throttle as I do. EcoModders dream, using no fuel at full throttle!

99LeCouch 08-21-2011 10:28 AM

Thanks! I was going to upgrade my SGII anyhow, but since it'll help the forum a little, I'll do it from over here! It's at firmware version 3.15.

gone-ot 08-25-2011 07:52 PM

...talk about PROMPT SERVICE! I mailed my SGII back to Linear-Logic on Monday (22 Aug) and received it back TODAY (25 Aug)! Now, that's QUICK turn-around.

...got my same SGII unit back along with two new velcro patches and new version 6.1 Users Manual and Quick Start-Up booklets.

Piwoslaw 08-29-2011 03:36 PM

Question (just to make it clear): Is this EM grouppie update for anyone who has a ScanGaugeII, or only for those who ordered theirs through EM?

Second question: How can this new performance monitor function help our hypermiling/ecomodding?

MetroMPG 08-29-2011 04:06 PM

First answer: it's for any EcoModder member.

Second answer: I have no idea!

mcrews 08-29-2011 04:43 PM

Just got my updated scangauge II back. Took about a week. which is pretty dang good.

99LeCouch 08-29-2011 04:49 PM

Got mine back today. Now to find a place for it...

skyl4rk 08-29-2011 07:07 PM

so what is different about it?

99LeCouch 08-29-2011 11:28 PM

A brief scan reveals a few more gauges as standard, the performance stuff, and a slightly more streamlined menu layout. I'll be experimenting with it tomorrow.

bryan11 09-13-2011 03:37 PM

I'm anxious to hear what's been changed and added with the new firmware.

gone-ot 09-13-2011 04:29 PM

...read through the "NEW" User Manual, it contains specific sections on 'what's new!'

Stuey 09-13-2011 07:54 PM

Even if we're Canucks?

Has anyone sent back their Scangauge from Canada? Is there a different price to get the return shipping/anything special we need to do to send it back?

mcrews 09-13-2011 07:58 PM

I would contact them dirctly at their website. tellem you want the ecomodder group deal of $18 us and are there any special conciderations for Canadians.

mcrews 09-13-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryan11 (Post 260841)
I'm anxious to hear what's been changed and added with the new firmware.

And I'm anxious to read the book report that you'll write for all of us to read ..........

AFTER you go to the website and learn all about it.......:rolleyes:

beaker80 12-03-2011 09:11 AM

Scangauge 2 Upgrade in Canada

Hi,
I've been a lurker here for a while and finally joined. Great site with lots of helpful hits.

I recently saw this thread. I have a SGII with V3.15 and wanted to upgrade but with the added cost to send to the states it quickly became too expensive.

I emailed Tom Gifford of Gifford Automotive in Ottawa (where I originally purchased from in 2009) asking if he could match Linear Logic's $18 price. After several emails and referring Tom to this thread he agreed to $18 CDN plus tax (13%). His normal price is $25 CDN.

I sent my SG on Monday 28 Nov and had it back on the 1st of Dec. Wow! Talk about customer service!! I now have the latest software.

So for any fellow Canadian's who want their SG II upgraded give Tom a shout. Look up Gifford Automotive dot com. He's an authorized SG dealer.

Thanks Ecomodder

Geo Metropolis 12-12-2011 05:02 PM

Hooray! I qualified for the free upgrade because mine was purchased this year but had a significantly older firmware version. Turnaround was like a week total, not even a whole tank of gas (nice). It comes with all new manuals that explain its MANY new features - it's like a whole new toy :)

ecomodded 12-13-2011 06:13 PM

charging for the updates on the scan gauge is sleazy,to keep competitive they should support their scan gauge with the updates it requires.

I support Ultra Gauge and its price.

gone-ot 12-13-2011 06:50 PM

...SG has one-year warranty, beyond that you pay for things, like up-grades.

...even UG makes you pay for out-of-warranty work, so what's the diff?

CigaR007 12-13-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Tele man (Post 274690)

I bought my scangaugeII in the last week of December 2010, does it mean I qualify for a free upgrade ?

Thanks for the clarification.

ecomodded 12-13-2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Tele man (Post 274690)

...even UG makes you pay for out-of-warranty work, so what's the diff?

I may of spoke to soon, the time however brief to plug the gauge in and flash or update should be worth a few bucks. I at first assumed it could be updated threw a home pc , it may ,but it was more then likely a wrong assumption..
I think the price was 2 fo 25 or 1 for 18
Enjoy your product to its fullest, get it updated

Geo Metropolis 12-14-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigaR007 (Post 274729)
I bought my scangaugeII in the last week of December 2010, does it mean I qualify for a free upgrade ?

Thanks for the clarification.

If you follow the link above (post 9 maybe?) it has the form that you fill out and send in with your scangauge. It says to include payment unless you purchased it after a certain date and your version is lower than 4.0 (I think I\'m remembering that right. My version was 3.17 and I had purchased it this year so I qualified. Click around to find out the actual dates and check your scangauge software to see if you qualify. Or pay the $18 bucks, having it back i\'d say it\'s worth it, I swear the manual is twice as thick because there are that many more functions.