EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Instrumentation (https://ecomodder.com/forum/instrumentation.html)
-   -   Scangauge purchases (potential group buy) - Closed (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/scangauge-purchases-potential-group-buy-closed-1842.html)

reformed 04-13-2008 10:57 PM

Scangauge purchases (potential group buy) - Closed

Note: this group buy is now closed.

See new thread:
Official EcoModder ScanGauge II group buy info

---

I'm not too sure if anyone here has access to purchasing scanguages, but if you guys are interested, I can get them. I have to make an order of 5 or more. I don't know the price offhand right now because I'm at home and the sheet is at work, but I figured I'd ask now while I remembered.

trebuchet03 04-13-2008 11:01 PM

This is a tentative yes....

I know my dad has been wanting one, I'll see just home much he really wants it and let you know.

Arminius 04-14-2008 02:05 AM

Missed me by a couple days. Otherwise I would be game.

Doofus McFancypants 04-14-2008 10:23 AM

tenative interest - let me know the details of the deal (shipping / final price / payment method) and i can finalize confirmation

reformed 04-14-2008 01:36 PM

I'm not really concerned with how you pay, paypal, check, money order, any of those is fine. I also could run a credit card through the store, but then I won't be able to save you the tax (8.75%) I'm not doing any mark-up on them so whatever I pay, you pay. The more I think about it, paypal would be better for you guys, for peace of minds sake, you should be protected that way, because I know how it is buying things from people on forums.. I'm still waiting for a part for one of my other cars a month and a half later. I know I'm skeptical so I can't blame anyone else for being the same. I also have an account with UPS at my work, so shipping should be discounted also. If you want, send me your shipping address and I can give you an exact quote. I can't make the order until I have at least 3 definites here and I'm not sure how long it will take for the company to ship them to me. As soon as I get them, I will immediately ship them to you.

As a note as to why I'm doing this, a guy at work wants one for himself and one for his father. I said I might be able to get some of you guys to fill the order and its a win win situation for everybody.... except me:(.. no OBDII

Doofus McFancypants 04-15-2008 08:47 AM

PM's you my info.
I am definately in.

metroschultz 04-15-2008 12:10 PM

I'm in, I NEED another one for my #1D's car,
PM on the way.
S.

reformed 04-15-2008 05:01 PM

How soon do you guys want them? I'm in no rush and if you guys want to wait a few days to see if other people want in, thats fine with me, if not I can get the order in as soon as tomorrow, so get back to me and we'll go with the majority.

I think paying by paypal will be the best, and quickest, because that way I can order sooner. I can't order until i have all the money in hand so if someone sends me a check it will slow things down a little.

Any questions let me know.

reformed 04-15-2008 10:54 PM

I work at a stereo shop, technically I don't sell stuff over the internet at work, but if you guys wanted things like GPS units, I can possibly get you a discount on them. I'm located in N.Y. the units will be shipped out from Williamsville N.Y., where I work, which is basically Buffalo.

As soon as I hear back form everyone else, I'll see how many definites I have and then we can set a deadline for payment.

As far as warranty goes, I haven't found that out yet. I'll find that out when I make the order. Worst case, you'll have to send them back to me and then pay to have it shipped back to the company, but I highly doubt it would come to that. I'm sure that if I got an RA number from them, they wouldn't care where it was shipped from.

reformed 04-18-2008 07:54 PM

So far I have enough people willing to make the order. I do have one person who has to wait until the beginning of may, is that OK with everyone else? the people interested, let me know in this thread so everyone will be on the same page.

If so, I will set the deadline in the beginning of may sometime, I'll give an exact date as soon as I can.

OfficeLinebacker 04-19-2008 02:22 PM

IN!

Man am I glad I checked this forum! I was just about to order one...infact I still have Amazon, ThinkGeek, and one other order page open in my browser as I type this.

I PM'ed you. Personally I would like mine ASAP but obviously I will defer to the group.

Just to be sure, this is the kind with XGauge functionality built in, right?

Doofus McFancypants 04-21-2008 07:55 AM

May is cool with me.

Steve

hvatum 04-21-2008 11:53 AM

May would work for me. If this goes forward keep the thread updated. I would be in for one.

johnsn 04-21-2008 12:36 PM

May is good for me.
john:):)

OfficeLinebacker 04-21-2008 04:24 PM

Is there any way you could order the full batch now, and then send out for those who are ready now, and then hang on to the one(s) that only want them later?

I also would like to throw this idea out there: let's say you have 10 committed purchasers, 8 ready now, 2 ready in May. You order, say, fifteen, and send out the 10 at the original price. There are bound to be others who will crop up, and you could charge them a higher amount to cover your risk and carrying costs, but still have it be a better deal than $160.

I think that's fair as people with "seniority" on the board and/or better preparation get the best deal. Those who come later still get a good deal, and you are compensated for the extra hassle and for fronting the money.

Then again you could just have a "revolving" group buy where each time ten buyers accumulate, you order a new batch.

I mention this because I think this site and ecomodding in general are taking off, so there's a big future for this kind of stuff.

BTW, how many commitments do you have? If you have less than 10, then maybe by May there will be enough for the lowest cost. I might even be willing to buy two if it comes down to nine verified purchasers, to make it ten for the lower price.

Lots of variables to consider, just kind of brainstorming here.

brucey 04-27-2008 01:48 PM

Go ahead and count me in, I just realized it can pull check engine lights too, so it's saving me the cost of a scanner too. I'll pm my info.

Chris D. 04-30-2008 02:58 AM

I'm not trying to be a jerky..

Heres my observation and by all means dont take any offense to this..

One thing to me is that your fairly new to this site (as am I, but thats not the point)
I dont know ya, you dont even have your location listed in your profile let alone ANY information about you in there.

See where I'm comming from?
At least on places like eBay you have feedback to
cast a judgment to see if you want to chance it and bid on their item hoping you get it..

Like I said, take no offence to what I'm saying, its just my observation..
Thanks..

OfficeLinebacker 04-30-2008 12:45 PM

Hey I just want to get this show on the road! I have been making updates to my car and am dying to test them out!

rocket 05-01-2008 11:29 AM

PM sent

xAguy 05-01-2008 04:52 PM

I am very interested. I need one of these suckers BAD!!

Who do I talk to.....better yet, who wants to take my money!! :D

trikkonceptz 05-01-2008 06:46 PM

What's the status of the order ... I would like to get in on this too ...

edbso 05-01-2008 10:37 PM

Just found the thread.
I would be interested.
Don't do the paypal stuff, would a good old money order work? Doesn't PP skim big $$$$??

cmags 05-02-2008 09:01 AM

I might be interested in this too. I've looked into the ScanGauge before for general monitoring, FE, and performance feedback, but never bit the bullet. I've been a member here now for maybe 2 or 3 days (first post), but the price sounds good. When is this GB going to happen? I'll subscribe to the thread for further updates. Count me in as a maybe for now, but I am interested.

reformed 05-02-2008 08:19 PM

Wow, lots of interest.. this might be a good sized order here.

Ok to answer some of the questions asked, and like I said, I completely agree with skepticism on forums so believe me, I take no offense. The only reason I don't want to list the company I work for on the forum is that, like John rightly guessed, I just work there and I will be giving you guys these units at dealer cost, which I'm pretty sure scangauge probably wouldn't like me doing and I don't want there to be any problems if my company wants to make a future order for retail at our storefront. This is basically a favor to those who want it... and a one time deal at that.

I will be going on vacation this week starting sunday the 4th and will be back to work on wed the 14th. I think I am going to set the deadline for tues the 13. This way I can transfer the money into the business account on wed. the 14th and as soon as it clears, make the order to scangauge.

Also like I said before, I'm not making any money on these so I'm not going to put up my own money to get them in any faster. This just started out as me trying to find 3 or more people to fill an order for a friend at work so this is not a business venture of any kind, just helping out a friend and some fellow ecomodders as well.

Ok, to re-cap.... Payment deadline will be Tuesday May 13 via paypal. I will send a pm to all those that have shown interest with my paypal account. I also have some skepticism and do not wish to publicly publish my pay-pal address. Any questions, feel free to ask here or send me a pm. I won't be checking my messages while on vacation so give me some time to respond.

Also as a side note, send me a pm instead of an e-mail. I never check my msn e-mails at the address linked to this site anymore.. kind of a boycott microsoft thing.

Oh and one more thing. Make sure the address linked to your pay-pal account is your shipping address. I will be shipping using your addresses on the pay-pal site for ease of shipping for me since this seems like it might be a big order. If you have any problems with this, let me know and we can go another way, but please try to make that happen for me, thanks.

reformed 05-02-2008 08:37 PM

Also, most of the pm's I will be sending will be generic "copy and paste" because there are so many of you interested. So if they don't quite apply to you specifically, sorry:p

Edit: Ok I think I pm'ed everyone, If I missed ya. let me know

mez267 05-05-2008 06:34 PM

Count me in!

pm sent

siccmonkey 05-06-2008 04:05 AM

PM sent!

Nerys 05-07-2008 11:03 PM

how many would we have to order to get the price down to $100?

Nerys 05-08-2008 03:32 PM

Hey never hurts to ask :-)

cmags 05-08-2008 03:38 PM

Yea, looks like I'm going to bite the bullet and join in on this. The guino doesn't look like its going to be ready in time for my upcoming late-June road trip, and I want some practice w/ good technique before then. Plus, having more info like intake temp will allow me to test out grill blocks and such.

I'll send Paypal this weekend or Monday.

Thanks again for this opportunity! :thumbup:

steensn 05-09-2008 08:53 AM

Count me in!!! How do I know if it works on my 1996 Ford Aspire?

rocket 05-09-2008 09:23 AM

It will. It will work on all 96+ OBDII cars.

steensn 05-09-2008 09:39 AM

FFFAAAANNNTTTTAASSSTTTIIICCC!!! Did you guys order yet? Is it the scangauge 1 or 2?

cmags 05-09-2008 12:27 PM

Will these SG's be the SGII, with XGauge?

ebacherville 05-09-2008 01:38 PM

Is this stil a go?

espi11 05-09-2008 03:19 PM

i want in!

Ryan626 05-10-2008 01:15 AM

Does anyone know if “Reformed” is going to let anyone else in on the buy before he makes the order. I sent him a PM but like he said he is out of town and not checking his box.

cmags 05-10-2008 10:34 AM

3 days? :eek: Damn, I better send paypal now.

Nerys 05-10-2008 01:01 PM

well he probably has it set up so he has to "accept/deny" the transaction. So it probably just took 3 days for him to click accept to your payment.

Ryan626 05-10-2008 05:57 PM

Does anyone want to PM me "reformed" paypal address? What is the worst that i can do send him some money.