EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed (https://ecomodder.com/forum/hypermiling-ecodrivers-ed.html)
-   -   Scangauge settings (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/scangauge-settings-18920.html)

MPGranger 09-23-2011 06:39 PM

Scangauge settings

Okay, so I got my scangauge today and I am curious what are the four stats people prefer to monitor and why. Right now I am running with current MPG, average MPG, Engine Load, and Throttle positioning sensor.

gone-ot 09-26-2011 02:08 PM

...here's what I'm using on my '09 Vibe:

[MPH][MPG]
[RPM][AVG]

PaleMelanesian 09-26-2011 02:26 PM

For maximizing mpg:
instant mpg, average mpg, lod

For diagnostics:
fwt for grille block monitoring
vlt for battery charge during extensive eoc

euromodder 09-26-2011 03:09 PM

LOD
AVG (used as trip average - instant and tank average are on the OBC)
WT (coolant temp)
AI (intake air temp - shows DPF regeneration)

CigaR007 09-26-2011 03:18 PM

For some reason I hate the average MPG. I rely on the instant MPG and check my average MPG only at the end of the trip.

FWT (grille blocks)
MPG
LOD
IGN

PaleMelanesian 09-26-2011 04:07 PM

AVG is my most useful tool. Every stop, light, hill, pulse&glide cycle, etc I focus on finishing with the average higher than before. Just keep ratcheting it higher and higher.

Daox 09-26-2011 04:32 PM

In the Prius I use:

SOC - for the PHEV use
WT - for warm up stages and engine off
GPS - (gas pedal position) for engine off and EV usage
RPM -for acceleration

I wish I had more. I'd love to have the amp gauge up all the time to see what the PHEV is doing and for braking. I'd also like to have AVG on display all the time to use like Andrew does. As it is, I have a few points along my commute that I check it and know generally if I'm doing good or bad.

mcrews 09-26-2011 04:46 PM

rpm....

not on your chart.
Since I'm on the hway alot, I use the digital rpm (there is a factory tach)

I realize we all are different in uor sensory input.....but If I never saw Instant MPG, I would be just fine.
Gotta have the AVG MPG or I die!!!!!
like PALMALE said.... keep trying to bump it up.....like a long video game....and I'm going to WIN!!!!.

CigaR007 09-26-2011 04:55 PM

I never noticed, but is the AVG MPG gauge the "current" average or is it for the "tank" average ?

mcrews 09-26-2011 05:00 PM

yeah, thats the only rub.
It is 'current' since the car was turned on. sometimes on a short stop it will continue the exisiting avg. I just don't know what that time limit is....
When I am doing my 11-14hr trips, I will leave the car running and go thru the drive thru for a bite so It doesnt reset in the middle of my trip.
I do know that at the 'next level' of gauges, that you can do trip or day totals. I haven't really gotten there .............