Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free > Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2011, 07:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
ReVolt Enthusiast

10Kw Charger - open source

I ran across this 10Kw Charger project and thought I would share it with ReVolt forum, it's a modified version of Jackbauer's charger.

Might be a good project to add to the ReVolt wiki ???

Electric Motor Werks!

10kW / 60A DIY charger open source design - DIY Electric Car Forums

-Mark

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-28-2011, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickm View Post
I ran across this 10Kw Charger project and thought I would share it with ReVolt forum, it's a modified version of Jackbauer's charger.

Might be a good project to add to the ReVolt wiki ???

Electric Motor Werks!

10kW / 60A DIY charger open source design - DIY Electric Car Forums

-Mark
Thanks Mark!

Hi All, my name's Valery, I run a company that designed this. As Mark mentioned, this is what I call an open-system design - all the schematics, PCB files, firmware (Arduino-based) and layouts are available as open source for non-commercial use.

The charger has all the features you would want your charger to have (universal voltage input 90-264VAC, flexible power settings with automatic derating for 110V, PFC, non-volatile memory storage of settings, LCD interface, BMS integration, automatic fan control, etc, etc). And if you are missing some features, you can always add them yourself to open code.

We support this design with kits of various configurations from our site. In a couple of weeks, we will also be offering fully assembled units.

From a basic parts kit, the charger takes ~20-50 hours to build and test (depending on your experience level). Our reference design is air cooled, in 11x12x8" box but you can of course lay it out as liquid cooled in smaller space.

Would love to get your feedback /questions / etc.

Thanks,
Valery.

The Following User Says Thank You to valerun For This Useful Post:
sawickm (09-28-2011)
Reply  Post New Thread