EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Success Stories (https://ecomodder.com/forum/success-stories.html)
-   -   School = New ScanGaugeII (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/school-new-scangaugeii-12699.html)

RandomFact314 03-22-2010 04:07 PM

School = New ScanGaugeII

So no didn't get me a new SGII from going to school or anything but what happen was...

I had to make an informative speech in my public speaking class and decided to do it on Hypermiling :):):) We also had to do a power point on the subject to go along with the speech...

Well I was touching up my power point before I had to make the speech in a few mins. and just all the research and remembering how fun Hypermiling was made me wish I was doing it again...

Lately I have been getting like 23s and 24s MPG and when I would be hoping for around 28s+

So being excited about rediscovering Hypermiling I bought a SGII impulsively:)
I also plan on making a new grill block with my coroplast and putting it on right after I post this :D

BTW, only 1 person in the class got interested about it and was asking alot of questions, everyone else was looking at the car mods and laughing saying they looked stupid :( Arrsholes ;)

Daox 03-22-2010 04:21 PM

Yeah, thats normally how it goes. Those same people will be complaining about gas when it continues going up this summer too.

RandomFact314 03-22-2010 04:59 PM

Grill Block

1 Attachment(s)
Put a new grill block I just made back on :thumbup:

What made me really want to do the grill block was b/c this guy in my class asked me if I put "any of that boat-end like stupid crap" on my car at the end of the speech...

Well, I think the more it looks dumb to others the more I should make it even better with lime green tape :D

The square cut out is so I can access the hood latch :)

http://ecomodder.com/forum/attachmen...1&d=1269291527

Angmaar 03-22-2010 05:57 PM

School speeches are so much fun! [/Sarcasm]

Especially for "geeky" topics like this. I did a speech on how to upgrade the ram in your computer and the class was dead silent.

gone-ot 03-22-2010 08:38 PM

...how does that old saying go? "...you can LEAD a four-legged animal to WATER but you can't make him DRINK..." no matter how loudly he brays (wink,wink).

...8 years as an adjunct college instructor = many different kinds of students.

Piwoslaw 03-23-2010 02:34 AM

Don't worry about the laughing and criticism. Be happy about the ones you were able to get interested. If you get a least one person to switch to our side of the Force, then it's a win:)

RandomFact314 03-24-2010 10:23 PM

My SGII came in today! :)
If everything is already correct before collaborating then I will have gone up about 4-5 MPG just being able to watch it (according what it says anyways)

The MPH is completely accurate before changing anything..

Now I get to see my RPMs I see that it idles 720-850 that is kinda low isn't it?
Lowest I saw it go down to was 500 RPMs...

Got to see my two error codes too, even though I don't know what they mean exactly :)

My Codes:
P0340- No camshaft signal being received by the computer
P1899- Park or Neutral switch stuck in park or gear

MetroMPG 03-24-2010 10:28 PM

Error codes: Google is your friend.

I can tell you a story: I can trace my interest in hypermiling & ecomodding back to a presentation about "economy driving" I gave to a class of fellow students.

It was when I was training to become a driving instructor, and all the other students were trainees, so they might have been more interested in the subject than the average high school student (considering economy driving was on the curriculum of what we taught).

Fun fun.

RandomFact314 03-24-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 167536)
Error codes: Google is your friend.

I can tell you a story: I can trace my interest in hypermiling & ecomodding back to a presentation about "economy driving" I gave to a class of fellow students.

It was when I was training to become a driving instructor, and all the other students were trainees, so they might have been more interested in the subject than the average high school student (considering economy driving was on the curriculum of what we taught).

Fun fun.

I know what the codes are I just don't understand how to fix the problem... The codes and their descriptions are in the last post from me

RobertSmalls 03-24-2010 11:27 PM

Replace the Camshaft Sensor and Neutral Safety Switch.