EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   General Efficiency Discussion (https://ecomodder.com/forum/general-efficiency-discussion.html)
-   -   SEAT Mii (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/seat-mii-34357.html)

Natalya 09-27-2016 12:21 AM

SEAT Mii

Panned by feminists everywhere for being designed out of sexism, the new SEAT Mii is incredibly unpopular. However, I decided to look at the specs, and immediately realized that Ecomodders everywhere can get behind this "girly" car.

- Base model begins at £8440
- 5 speed manual
- 1 litre 3 cylinder engine
- They offer an Eco engine on the SE Technology version claiming 68mpg (IMP)
- Looks slightly better than a Geo
- Small 14" wheels
- Power steering partially electric (I think hydraulic at higher speed?)
- 3 door or 5 door configurations available

SEAT Mii - City Cars | SEAT

Ecky 09-27-2016 09:14 AM

68mpg imperial, but it still comes out looking pretty impressive. I'd own one.

kafer65 09-27-2016 11:54 AM

Appearance is similar to the VW UP at first blush. Nice looking vehicle IMHO.

acparker 09-27-2016 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafer65 (Post 523602)
Appearance is similar to the VW UP at first blush. Nice looking vehicle IMHO.

From Wikipedia, "The SEAT Mii and Škoda Citigo are rebadged versions of the Up, with slightly different front and rear fascias, and are manufactured in the same factory."

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 12-03-2016 12:49 AM

IIRC the SEAT Mii and the Skoda Citigo are also a little longer than the European VW Up. Brazilian versions of the Up are based on them instead of the regular Euro Up.

About that "sexism" bull****, I'm not sure about you but, unfortunately, all the feminists I've ever met were a bunch of scumbags. A few weeks ago while I was walking around the neighborhood with my FEMALE dog, and she raised one of its paws to urinate like a male dog usually does, then a feminist appeared and started to whine about it, claiming that male dogs are "dirt", but when she realised that my dog is a female she started trying to brainwash me about "empowerment".

BTW a friend of mine recently bought an Up. Since it's his first own car he decided to get the smallest one he could in order to park it easily.

Ecky 12-03-2016 02:22 AM

I'm sure there are plenty of scumbag feminists but for every outspoken scumbag there are probably 10 reasonable ones that mind their own business, such as myself.

That's really a topic for another thread though.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 12-03-2016 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecky (Post 528369)
I'm sure there are plenty of scumbag feminists but for every outspoken scumbag there are probably 10 reasonable ones that mind their own business, such as myself.

10 scumbags for each reasonably-minded one seem to be more realistic. But anyway, I don't see why the Mii would be deemed more "girly" than the Up and the Citigo. But they're all still quite ugly and, at least for me, feel a lot uncomfortable. Even some of those Japanese K-cars that are actually smaller are also roomier.

freebeard 12-03-2016 02:41 PM

Quote:

Looks slightly better than a Geo
Yeah, I wondered about that too. Maybe the Tracker, but not the Metro.

So what do Frankfurt School Marxists know about cars anyways, beyond the Pleadian 'seven sisters'? I ask from an on-topic point of view.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 12-04-2016 02:53 AM

Comparing it to the Tracker is quite disproportionate.

Lemmy 12-22-2016 04:53 PM

They're VW groups attempt to cash in on the huge success of the first generation Peugeot 107/Citroen C1, and stole many design and styling cues from them.

More plushly appointed, but 100 or so kg heavier, relatively cramped compared to the PSA product, and plagued with faults. Conversely, the PSA cars were less refined but on the road felt peppier, and gave better economy (compared engine-for-engine). The PSA cars were cheaper to service and were above average for reliability, and for a while they were so popular the 107 was the lowest depreciating car on sale in the UK.

Aside from the moral issues with the VW group products and the companies behaviour, the Up!, Citygo and Mii simply weren't worth the extra money at the time. Now sales of Diddy cars have declined somewhat in Europe and buyers are moving their sights up towards the Fiesta sized class VW group are having the slash prices to punt them out. Even then, I'd try and find one of the last 107's than buy a Mii.