EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Seeking Aptera forum administrator (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/seeking-aptera-forum-administrator-27242.html)

XprizeRoadTrip 10-10-2013 04:19 PM

Seeking Aptera forum administrator

Does anyone have contact info for the Aptera Forum Admin? I'd like to discuss a new forum with him/her and determine status of the Aptera forum beyond the fact it crashed and has never come back up. Please PM with any info.

Thanks!

Eric

XprizeRoadTrip 10-11-2013 11:27 AM

If permissible, I'd like to bump this up

sheepdog 44 10-11-2013 07:01 PM

Now's a good a time as ever to start that Edison2 forum. I'd be interested if it had a little store for calenders, shirts, etc.

Segsby 10-13-2013 08:00 AM

Howdy. I'm one of ApteraForum's former moderators...

I contacted Brian, the ApteraForum Admin, and he's decided that the site was not worth hosting anymore, since Aptera filled for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. :(

I disagree, as the site had evolved into a general EV discussion forum, with a number of active users who contributed to very informative threads on a wide range of EV related topics. But, it's his site / money to do with as he pleases. *shrugs*

Edison2 deserves a site for their innovative EV, IMHO. Perhaps you guys can persuade Brian to set one up?

His email address is available by looking at a whois of the domain.

All my best,
Segsby

NeilBlanchard 10-13-2013 08:57 AM

I'm glad you had his contact info. I lost it (if I ever had it). I'm sure the Aptera will never be built, at least not by Zap, and he did let it go quite a while after t his was obvious.

XprizeRoadTrip 10-14-2013 09:38 PM

Thanks for the info Segsby. I'll send Brian an email.

XprizeRoadTrip 10-16-2013 03:06 PM

Email sent on 14th. No reply yet.

smilingcat 10-16-2013 11:51 PM

There were some interesting threads I liked. Just to have it chopped off was a bucket of cold water in my face. I liked the people there, it would be nice to let the active apteraforum members know to come here. Even someone who have gone quiet for a while like Ken. I also liked to read what Karen had to write.

Well I'll keep tabs here and see what happens.

NeilBlanchard 10-17-2013 08:38 AM

I agree that it would be great to have even a locked and static copy of the forum left up and running. A cached version for all of us to refer to. It was certainly the best place to see a "history" of the Aptera vehicle.

XprizeRoadTrip 10-17-2013 10:30 AM

Neil and smilingcat - I agree on both counts.

It might be time for a Very Light Car forum. CO2 regulations, CAFE, some OEM efforts, the need for affordable electric cars, the considerable expansion and application of lightweighting R&D, the sustainability movement and the economic argument for automakers -- all of this is moving in the direction of a Very Light Car platform and vehicle segment.

I already received a PM from one person who said he could create a forum. Do any of you know individuals who can effectively create and maintain what could become a high volume forum similar to what the Aptera admin did as a volunteer? Please send a PM and I'll look into it.

Eric