EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Sick; not Sic!!!!!!!!!!! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/sick-not-sic-24928.html)

larrybuck 02-12-2013 10:13 PM

Sick; not Sic!!!!!!!!!!!

I realize that people who HAVE can do as they wish, but this kinds of turns my
stomach: a fine road car abused like this!
Ferrari Enzo gets its rally on, sullying the rich | Motoramic - Yahoo! Autos

War_Wagon 02-13-2013 02:42 AM

I may be totally wrong, but I seem to remember something about the Enzo's being so rare that in order to get one, you had to have owned a Ferrari before (kind of like the Cadillac Master Owner club, except instead of a badge for your grill, you got a Ferrari), and you had to send in an application to even be considered to be able to buy one. I wonder how this guy got one lol. Though a few years ago up here, there was a case of "financial combustion" with an Enzo. I actually have a piece of it - some dude going bankrupt had an Enzo, and while driving from Vancouver to some destination in the hills, it randomly "caught fire" on the side of the road. It burned so bad that the tow truck guy had to sweep most of it up. But because it was insured for a surprisingly large amount, protocol required it to be brought to an insurance auction. So I, and pretty much anyone else that saw it got a souvenir! There was nothing of any value left of it, it was all completely destroyed. Then to top it off, the insurance company figured out it was a cash grab and didn't pay him out for it! Man, that's gotta hurt! So while doing doughnuts in the mud may be painful to watch, just be happy that it's not on fire ha ha :snail:

Edit: Holy crap I didn't know there was a video of it!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueVAXwwgL_w

darcane 02-13-2013 03:41 AM

What's the big deal? It's driving on some dirty, rough Tarmac and a short bit of gravel road by someone who is clearly quite familiar with driving it.

As for Ferraris catching fire, it's almost a cliche. There are tons of them that have gone up in smoke.

War_Wagon 02-13-2013 04:01 AM

There is a highway here through the mountains that was built in the 1980's for the world Exposition in 1986. There is actually a series on the Discovery channel called "Highway Through Hell" or something like that about it. When it first opened, seeing a cooked or currently burning Audi on the side of the road was commonplace. My friend lifted 2 sets of head gaskets out of his diesel truck pulling his camper trailer up it. So while I don't doubt it's hard on vehicles, to me (and the insurance company apparently ha ha) a bankrupt guy's very well insured, 1 of 400 ever built Enzo catching on fire seemed a little fishy. But hey, I have been wrong before.

P.S. You know it's a legit filmed in Canada video when you see the Boler trailer go by at 21 seconds in. Man I want one of those!

PaleMelanesian 02-13-2013 09:59 AM

Eh. The car's got suspension, it can handle a few bumps. A wash after this will take care of the mud. At least it's out on the road being used and enjoyed. It's a car, not a sculpture.

Ryland 02-13-2013 11:14 AM

I didn't see a single stretch of road in that video that was worse then any of the main roads that I drive on every day, I was expecting it to be taken off road, not slow donuts in paved parking lots then a stretch of country road then another parking lot.

darcane 02-13-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by War_Wagon (Post 356233)
P.S. You know it's a legit filmed in Canada video when you see the Boler trailer go by at 21 seconds in. Man I want one of those!

I don't think I've seen a Boler specifically, but at first I thought it was a Casita. Casita trailers are popular around here and are very similar in construction.

Unfortunately, they don't make one large enough for the whole family, so our trailer is of the more conventional sort.

MTXA 02-13-2013 02:19 PM

Take away the mud & it looks like valet parking in Chicago

gone-ot 02-13-2013 04:46 PM

Hmmm, maybe the writer was thinking in Latin (sic - adverb, "thus") when they typed SIC...and "thus" they were not "ill" or SICK (wink, wink)?

War_Wagon 02-16-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darcane (Post 356278)
I don't think I've seen a Boler specifically, but at first I thought it was a Casita. Casita trailers are popular around here and are very similar in construction.

Unfortunately, they don't make one large enough for the whole family, so our trailer is of the more conventional sort.

Well up here, Boler came out with them originally, then they were copied by Coleman (as in the guys that make camping stoves and white gas lamps etc). And someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I think that's how it happened. I have seen Boler-ish looking trailers that were double axled and stretched out. I really don't know a lot about trailers, but if you are looking for a larger trailer maybe it was something Coleman made? :snail:

P.S. sorry for the thread jacking Larrybuck!