EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Aerodynamics (https://ecomodder.com/forum/aerodynamics.html)
-   -   Smoothies (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/smoothies-30316.html)

exccel 10-24-2014 08:36 AM

Smoothies

I have seen some posts on here regarding coroplast wheel covers etc . I recently purchase some very high quality "Stainless steel" smoothies on Ebay from a company called nationwidehubcaps. They are out west like in Utah or something. Great customer service, great price, (like $89.00 for a set of 4) put em on my 89 Honda Prelude, will post a picture later! Dont know if it helps mileage but darn I am getting alot of comments!!!

Xist 10-24-2014 09:23 AM

15", $90 with shipping:
15" Full Moon Hot Rod Racing Disc Hub Caps Wheel Covers | eBay
15" Travel Horse Boat RV Trailer Hub Caps Wheel Covers | eBay

14" $84 with shipping:
14" Full Moon Hot Rod Racing Disc Hub Caps Wheel Covers | eBay
14" Travel Horse Boat RV Trailer Hub Caps Wheel Covers | eBay

My 87 Prelude Si had 13" rims, but yours must be larger.

MetroMPG 10-24-2014 12:21 PM

They do help a bit with efficiency (exactly how much depends on what your previous wheel cover was like).

It's a challenge to justify the nice "moon eye" aluminum or stainless covers if your goal is return on investment, but they definitely look great!

cowmeat 10-24-2014 12:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Getting ready to re-furb and install mine in the morning!

Will I ever see an ROI on them? Not in this lifetime! But will they draw even more stares, thumbs-up and comments from passers-by about my 14 year old "future car?

I'm going to say yes they will!

exccel 10-25-2014 07:58 AM

smoothies

My wheels were 14" & dont know if they are original or not. Most people really like the SS Racing discs! As far as "return on investment", if I was concerned about it I would be riding a bicycle or a horse. :-) At least with a horse, I could use the dung on my organic garden! Naw just kidding sometimes its just fun to dress up a vehicle for no other reason just to enjoy! There have a been a few local comments about the brakes overheating--but it hasnt been a problem yet! Its a fun car to drive, like a go cart on rails! Its a rescue vehicle (I rescued it from the junkyard)!

cowmeat 10-25-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

There have a been a few local comments about the brakes overheating--but it hasnt been a problem yet!
That won't be a problem for Turtle, the brakes are the least-used component on the car! Getting ready for the install today!

exccel 10-25-2014 10:27 AM

Smoothies

My only comment/complaint about my hubcaps is I have to remove them to check air pressure too add or reduce air pressure, not a big deal but a little different, so I carry around a little 6" prybar in case I am out on the road somewhere.Just the nearest thing within my grasp the last time I checked tire pressure.

freebeard 10-25-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

At least with a horse, I could use the dung on my organic garden! Naw just kidding sometimes its just fun to...
When people say 'just kiddings' usually they really would do it. :)

That's a reasonably good price for clip-ons. Any idea what is different about horse trailers? The ads look just the same.

cowmeat 10-25-2014 03:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I didn't get time to install the wheel covers today, but I did re-furb one of them so far.

I also installed the regenerative braking button today in about half an hour, and it works crazy-good!

Cobb 10-25-2014 03:58 PM

Wow cowmeat, a moon disk with a wheel skirt. Isnt that over kill? :eek: