EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Success Stories (https://ecomodder.com/forum/success-stories.html)
-   -   Sold 40 Electric Car DVDs! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/sold-40-electric-car-dvds-16528.html)

bennelson 03-20-2011 08:38 PM

Sold 40 Electric Car DVDs!

I sold 40 Build Your Own Electric Car DVDs this month!

So far, I know of 4 EV motorcycles and 1 car built specifically because of people being inspired by my projects!

People are really interested in this stuff!

We're going to get an ARMY of electric cars on the road! :D

-Ben
Electro-Metro
300MPG.org

greif 03-20-2011 09:36 PM

I think the dvd is great, you were out at the MREA fair so I ordered on a few days later

thanks
gary reif
kaukauna, wi

Ryland 03-20-2011 10:47 PM

Nice going Ben! I still need to get my copy over to my parents house so they can watch it, then I'll be donating it to our public Library if that is still ok, I'll most likely buy a few more copies from you as gifts.

ShadeTreeMech 03-21-2011 07:54 PM

Congrats, with the price of fuel increasing and my commute being less than 10 miles, you're likely to get a purchase from me when money frees up a bit.

brucepick 03-21-2011 09:52 PM

I can see how someone could get a real charge out of the idea of an electric car...:)

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

Ryland 03-21-2011 11:48 PM

I keep forgetting that the price of gas is going up, I just like how quite electric cars are, that you have all that torque from a dead stop and that I can refill them at home! but yes, gas costs lots of money so drive an electric car!

discovery 03-22-2011 05:25 PM

How many DVD's did you sale in total? With the price of gas going up sales goes up, right?

NHRABill 03-22-2011 05:35 PM

I just sold a project from my garage yesterday 67' Firebird (it leaves next weekend) to make way for the next, something electric ... and yes Ben you are the inspiration... after seeing your videos a while back I said if this guy can do it .... LOL (might have something to do with the big goofy smiles you do)

I am still a few months out due to other obligations I want to put in my full attention when I start.

Still much more to learn about the controller and motor interaction.

It would be great to see people who purchased your DVD's projects on your site :thumbup: just an idea.

What is the next project Ben?

greif 03-22-2011 05:51 PM

Ben

how's the generator distance booster coming?

gary reif
kaukauna, wi

bennelson 03-22-2011 11:17 PM

I've sold around 200 DVDs so far, but it seems like interest has really picked up lately.

The next project is making an instructional DVD on Electric Motorcycle contstruction AND I'm still trying to set some time aside to work on the bio-diesel pickup truck.

I haven't done too much with the range-extender on the Metro. My serial charger went quirky on me a while back, and I need that as part of the hybrid system. Charging for EV use only works fine with a couple of Die Hard 12V chargers.