EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Aerodynamics (https://ecomodder.com/forum/aerodynamics.html)
-   -   Solidworks is free for 90 days- their "stimulus package" (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/solidworks-free-90-days-their-stimulus-package-7782.html)

winkosmosis 04-07-2009 08:21 PM

Solidworks is free for 90 days- their "stimulus package"

SolidWorks :: SolidWorks Engineering Stimulus Package

I've been wanting to learn CAD to supplement my GIS skills, especially now that I'm laid off, so this is perfect.

Thanks to the SolidWorks folks. Of course this makes sense for them, because the more people who can use their software, the better.

Found it here
Solidworks.. - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

NeilBlanchard 04-08-2009 10:02 AM

Hi,

You may want to check out Space Claim, as well: I think they also have a trial version, and the purchase price is far less than SolidWorks. Space Claim works a lot like SketchUp (i.e. it is easy to learn and "tactile"), and it is a true solid modeler.

3D Direct Modeling software for conceptual engineering, CAE/Model preparation, and industrial design from SpaceClaim

Shawn D. 04-08-2009 11:28 AM

Cool -- thanks for letting us know, winkosmosis! One more toy for my Taig mill... ;)

eco_generator 04-08-2009 02:10 PM

Thank you very much. I have noticed a lot of places use solid works, whereas I have been using just AutoCAD and 2d add-ons for the last decade at my previous job.

chuckm 04-08-2009 05:32 PM

I've been using Alibre Design. They give their Xpress version away for free (10 part assembly limit). They will run specials on the paid versions at times... I got Standard for around $750. Oh, and they let you trial the product for free as well. Downloadable too.

winkosmosis 04-08-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckm (Post 96606)
I've been using Alibre Design. They give their Xpress version away for free (10 part assembly limit). They will run specials on the paid versions at times... I got Standard for around $750. Oh, and they let you trial the product for free as well. Downloadable too.

I've used Alibre. It's a nice piece of software. I have a friend who works/worked for them, and he was telling me NASA uses it. Apparently it's much easier to train people to use Alibre than AutoCAD

Blue Bomber Man 04-09-2009 01:01 AM

Downloading '09 for 32 Bit Vista =)

I've been using 07 for xp and I have access to 64 bit for vista, but my computer can't run it.

I am looking forward to running 09 =)

Bicycle Bob 04-09-2009 02:22 AM

I'm going to have to re-learn CAD. I got half-way through Rhino, but decided I wanted parametrics. Can anyone here compare SolidWorks to SketchUp pro? TIA

Daox 04-09-2009 08:40 AM

I haven't used sketchup very much at all, but it seems at least somewhat similar to SolidWorks.

i_am_socket 04-09-2009 09:42 AM

Now if they would just give floworks away as well.... :-)