EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Fossil Fuel Free (https://ecomodder.com/forum/fossil-fuel-free.html)
-   -   Someone is not a fan of Tesla (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/someone-not-fan-tesla-27784.html)

Arragonis 12-18-2013 11:39 AM

Someone is not a fan of Tesla

Doubting is thinking

Quote:

...If you're wondering why all the entries seem to be about Tesla Motors, well, I just discovered a few nasty things about them that happened to flow under the radar for most people. So I have kind of specialized in them. Division of labor, you know.
It is interesting reading. I'm not sure of the veracity of the entire body of work but I would be very interested in finding out more especially if my taxes were paying for it.

jamesqf 12-18-2013 01:18 PM

It might be interesting reading, if it was readable. Hint to aspiring web designers: when using columns, it's a good idea to ensure that sidebar columns and such don't overlay the main body text.

Frank Lee 12-18-2013 07:18 PM

Came through fine on my obsolete system.

Arragonis 12-19-2013 06:44 AM

Fine on mine too. I have found a few sites and blogs which don't work on tablets / phones etc but seem ok if I invoke the "request full site" option (in Firefox Android anyway).

redpoint5 12-22-2013 12:58 AM

It seems pretty clear that Tesla milks the system; a system that shouldn't even exist. Tax payers deserve to be defrauded when they encourage the behavior by allowing self-serving politicians to hold office.

wdb 12-22-2013 07:26 AM

He makes a good point regarding the battery swap.

jakobnev 12-22-2013 10:15 AM

The money for those ZEV-credits doesn't come from tax payers, it comes from other car manufacturers.

Arragonis 12-23-2013 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakobnev (Post 403885)
The money for those ZEV-credits doesn't come from tax payers, it comes from other car manufacturers.

And they get it from ? ;)

California98Civic 12-23-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arragonis (Post 403988)
And they get it from ? ;)

CARB's ZEV credit system is not cash, at the start or finish. It is a policy-generated measure balancing "green" emmisions requirements with market timing flexibility. The purpose is to build on earlier policies that have already made Cali a hot spot for lots of electrics and natural gas vehicles. It encourages innovation by constructing incentives in a market while also allowing flexibility for the manufacturers. It's good industrial policy, and it is working. These streets around hereare full of electric and natural gas cars. I'm seeingan explosion of Volts and Model S vehicles inparticular.

Arragonis 12-23-2013 10:19 AM

OK, but I'm seeing things like this:

Quote:

San Diego County Supervisor Ronald Roberts, a member of the California Air Resources Board (ARB), presented the first rebate check issued from $15 million allocated by ARB for clean vehicles to Kim Adelman of Poway, Calif.

Adelman received $2,500 for purchasing a 2011 Nissan LEAF during a ceremony held Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2011, at the California Center for Sustainable Energy (CCSE), administers of ARB’s Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP).

Now in its third-year of funding, CVRP promotes the purchase of zero-emission or plug-in hybrid passenger vehicles. During the past two years, $11.1 million, including $2 million provided by the California Energy Commission, funded approximately 2,000 rebates. During the current fiscal year, the ARB allocated an additional $15 million to the CVRP, which will fund 6,000 to 8,000 rebates, depending on the mix of vehicles.

The program incentives are available for electric, plug-in hybrid electric, fuel cell vehicles and electric motorcycles. Rebates are dependent on vehicle type, model year and fuel technology and range from $900 to $2,500.
There is also a page where you can calculate how much you will get.

Clean vehicles great! Leccy cars, go for it. Just wonder if really the owners should take the risk themselves as to whether the extra cost is met by the savings involved rather than taxpayers, possibly at the lower and of the scale, should have some of their taxes handed over to probably wealthier citizens so they can buy a new toy, sorry, er, car ? ;)