Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2014, 11:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Not banned yet

Blue - '03 Chevy S-10, LS
my car DVR set-up

if you read my other thread:
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...rig-28873.html
you know i was hit by a truck on the interstate. still haven't got all that straightened out but i will call them Tues, my day off, and tell them if i don't get a response soon, my lawyer will be contacting them.
anyway, here is the info:
i have a camera on the rear window. window is tinted so night time is not the best. this unit has no screen. it feeds to a 3.5" screen i received when i ordered my back-up camera but i use a different one for that now. it is mounted on the steering column. i can look at it any time the ignition is on. with it wired to an acc fuse, it is automatic.
here is the info i copied/pasted from the countless emails i had with the factory:
dvr16 sample price is $26.00(this is the unit i have on the back window).
name of the company: Shenzhen CARMAXER Electronics Technology CO.,LTD
the shipping was $23, i bought two samples, dvr16, $32.00 and dvr03 $26.00, total $84.00 including freight. (my wife used the dvr03 until i pulled the memory card from it. it still worked great).
Their website is car dvr manufacturer/car black box/Banbo camera/ car camera/ CCTV camera/ IP camera/ security camera/CCTV DVR-BANBOBIZ.
the pros of the samples were:
well built, shipping was pretty quick, items were just as described, video quality is excellent.
cons:
instructions were in a language i can only describe as an oriental/English abomination. they were so bad, i tried to re-write them but gave up after i realized it was futile. one of the main problems was when the memory card is first inserted, it needed to be synced. this was not explained in the instructions and caused a major communication break down between them and i. i swore i would never buy from them again but after seeing the video of the accident, i will reconsider.
prices for these were samples and cost would have been much lower if i would have bought more. if anyone is interested in buying one of these, use the info i posted.
pics:
monitor on the steer column, no flash:

flash:

these were all taken while parked in the garage.
outside view of rear window. can't even see it, can you?:

inside view:

full frontal. mount has the tape mount so once it's stuck, there is no turning it left or right, just up or down:

bottom row of buttons:

this is the camera i use on the front:

different company and have not viewed any video on the computer.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deejaaa For This Useful Post:
brucey (05-12-2014), Fat Charlie (05-12-2014), j12piprius (05-11-2014), NachtRitter (05-12-2014)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-12-2014, 08:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Princess Carriage - '20 Ford Explorer Limited

Silver - '22 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT w/tow pkg
Maverick Hybrids
90 day: 41.3 mpg (US)
The formal worldwide instruction language is known as "Engrish". Not many speak it fluently, so most items out of Asia end up with a couple of extra pieces laying around after you put them together

Reply  Post New Thread