Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Send a message via AIM to pumafeet10
back at it again and have some questions?

SO i had been looking for a new car after my 2000 civic hatch was stolen in Feb

well i have gone from using my families 86 toyota truck, to a 03 Highlander, then my brothers 00 Accord V6, THEN my grandparents 94 Lincoln continental.

I had been looking to purchase another civic 96-00, i knew how to fix everything on them, insurance was cheap, i knew i could achieve better then 60mpg or so and was on the prowl for the last almost 8 mos.

I thought i found an abundance of cars but never got a solid one, and for some reason people were asking ridiculous amounts for civics, for example 3900 for a 96 civic with 222,000miles! CRazY stuff

So i got lucky yesterday, a car that I had looked at months ago a 97 Honda Civic HX 5spd!

At the time in july the price was 3k with 170k on the clock, a little higher then i wanted

So fast forward to yesterday, I was going nuts driving my finaces auto Ford Focus zx5, great car, but its auto and couldn't hypermile it to effectively.

I went back to the dealer that had the civic and i offered them 1800 and BAM! I got the car for 2k out the door!

So, now i have the car and need to start getting it ready for Hypermiling daily duty.

I already put 50psi in the tires and emptied the trunk of EVERYTHING, but am not super familiar with the HX motor, i know and will be giviing it a full tune up. Plugs, cap, rotor, all fluids , it needs a new passenger side axle and the input shaft bearing is bad , so that will need replaced.

I have a scangauge II that i had used before and is working great! There are no codes and everything seems to be good but wasn't sure about the learn burn capabilities, and making sure that and the multi stage vtec is working, along with the egr system,

Also was curious with the O2 sensors, as i sadly do not have any maintenance records

I want the car to get ultimate MPG and be as clean burning as possible.

If anyone has any more pointers that i can't think of i would really appreciate it!

David

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread