EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   Tesla p85 In a junkyard! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/tesla-p85-junkyard-30891.html)

synergy 01-16-2015 12:35 AM

Tesla p85 In a junkyard!

Found this while looking around thought this may help someone.

Anyone need a 85kwh battery? DIY tesla.
TESLAS
Not available
5YJSA1DP9DFP26725
8/29/2014
D & M Used Auto Parts
1676 Shuswap Avenue
Lumby, BC V0E2G0
P: 250-547-2310
F: 250-547-2301

Frank Lee 01-16-2015 12:46 AM

It says "not available" sooooo... what am I missing? :confused:

synergy 01-16-2015 12:51 AM

relax its a cut and paste from the yards site and it transcribed it all funny. Its available battery and motor are there for the pickings.

Frank Lee 01-16-2015 01:03 AM

WHEW! Thought I was gonna have an aneurysm for a while there.

dirtydave 01-16-2015 06:40 AM

Lmao

Frank Lee 01-16-2015 08:00 AM

But there is no Tesla and no Tesla parts. What a goof.

Cobb 01-16-2015 02:03 PM

Dont worry its in Canada, you need a passport to go there and a flack jacket. :eek:

War_Wagon 01-17-2015 05:35 PM

Uh a flak what now? You know how hard it is to get a firearms license here?? I had to take 2 courses, and have a background check by the RCMP who did actually call my references, and you had to declare if you had ever been treated for depression, alcoholism, or had been recently divorced when the RCMP called me to verify my application. And the only people that can ever legally carry a hand gun here are police, border guards, and armoured car drivers.

Anyway, as for the Tesla bits, I'd offer to go check them out for anyone on this site if they were closer, but Lumby is about 5 hours away, in the middle of nowhere, so my guess is they will be sitting there a long time!

Frank Lee 01-17-2015 05:41 PM

There is no Tesla!!! :mad:

Cobb 01-17-2015 07:25 PM

He died before his time. :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 464203)

synergy 01-17-2015 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 464203)

Are you being sarcastic or serious? I don't get your humor.

Frank Lee 01-17-2015 07:33 PM

That wasn't humor. There is no *&$$%^^ Tesla at that yard!!!
It's just an auto parts database system that has all known production cars in it.

Call 'em up and ask for Tesla parts if you don't believe me.

G A A A A A !!! :rolleyes:

dirtydave 01-17-2015 07:34 PM

Look at the mans post count. Hes dead serious..... Or is he??!...

synergy 01-17-2015 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 464220)
It's just an auto parts database system that has all known production cars in it.

G A A A A A !!! :rolleyes:

Did you call them?????

They have a hyper linked Vin number that takes you to a parts section where they list every part color and condition. Says they recieved it on 9/14/14....

VIN Breakdown

What are you talking about? If you havn't called them please stop. Your not helping anyone out.

Go to their website search their inventory and see for yourself.........

Click that link go to new stock type in tesla and watch as a 2013 tesla p85 shows up on your screen and allows you to look at parts and specific notes to this tesla as listed.

You will also notice the "not available" that frank has SEIZED as proof for the ecomodder community is showed next to kilometers.

Next time I come across anything to do with EVs I know where NOT to post it.

Frank Lee 01-17-2015 08:47 PM

Look up any and every "Tesla part" and it says Not Available.

dirtydave 01-17-2015 09:29 PM

take a screenshot because I don't see that!

I do see they have a passenger side airbag for a 57' chevy bel air!

Frank Lee 01-17-2015 09:52 PM

Quote:

...they have a passenger side airbag for a 57' chevy bel air!
That is good to know!

This is the most incredible scrap yard on Earth. I should be able to get a Ram Implosion Wing there too! :thumbup:

OBD1Kenobi 01-18-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 464247)
That is good to know!

This is the most incredible scrap yard on Earth. I should be able to get a Ram Implosion Wing there too! :thumbup:

I've been looking for one of those! :D

Xist 01-18-2015 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Do they have flux capacitors for every car, or only Deloreans?
http://ecomodder.com/forum/attachmen...1&d=1421614195

synergy 01-18-2015 06:24 PM

Not every yard enters all the parts into hollander its a waste of time usually. Especially for a tesla which is specialty.

heres your picture that you guys were too stupid to find.

http://i62.tinypic.com/25gh3tf.png

next time i find tesla parts in a scap yard ill be sure to post the info somewhere else. You guys are annoying.

bhazard 01-18-2015 06:34 PM

I wonder how much a junkyard would pay for a Tesla... most of them give maybe $500 for a *running* junk car.

dirtydave 01-18-2015 07:20 PM

Oh. I seriously couldn't find that! Way to go!
(Honestly thought it was spam)

my bad...
Can you also screen shot the page with the bel air airbags?

OBD1Kenobi 01-18-2015 09:23 PM

They have an Elio in there too!

synergy 01-19-2015 12:45 AM

Its just frustrating when you try to post something with the sole intentions being HELPING the ecomodder community knowing teslas are rare but sought after and you have people that totally just add spam and question the original posts intended help.

And if you followed my directions on searching the yard for their "new arrivals" you would have found this information. And you searched air bag... Do you really think a 100k car totaled would have this item available for sale? Id HOPE the airbags deployed and are not useless.

As far as what this yard paid for the car honestly I would put that at at least 10-20k. And as far as these parts sitting these because of the location I think anyone serious about getting a p85 motor or a 85kwh pack going to canada would be no problem.

user removed 01-19-2015 09:31 AM

Generally speaking from 40 years experience.

Salvage yards pay much more than $500 for cars, but it depends on what is damaged.
Most popular is the front end, then the rear end, the sides are most common in yards.
A car as new as a Tesla will not bring much until the warranty expires. After ten years age a lot of yards crush the cars or sell them to crushers for scrap value.

This is based on hundreds of trips to salvage auctions and buying close to 200 cars.

These days many get shipped overseas.

Rebuilders face inreasing legislation and taxes and fees. Va DOT requires an inspection and recently increased the charge from $25 to $125. The inspection takes about 7 minutes and you can't get a title without that inspection.

Even though the rebuilds sell for about 75% of non damaged cars, the state and county property taxes are not reduced, even with the state passing a law that allows owners to sue insurance companies for "diminished value", something the insurance companies will fight with a vengance sine they don't want to pay that on every repaired car.

In some cases salvage yards make arrangements with insurance companies and pay a fixed percentage of the "actual cash value".

I don't see any links to the yard in question and even after 3 pages on this thread I don't know what they may have or not have. In general recycled parts bring about 50% of the retail "new" part replacement price.

Maybe a link would resolve the issue of whether the search engine includes every car made, or whether the yard actually has a Tesla. The bickering and name calling seems to be very counter productive and I find Frank Lee to be right almost exclusively.

synergy, we have been (you and i) offering counterpoints on another thread concerning a person who is in trouble with a leased altima. In that thread you made a comment about another member, I think redpoint, who bought a salvage repaired plug in prius. Your comment was that it was crazy to buy such a vehicle, then you post about salvage parts in this thread.

Does that mean crash car parts are fine but repaired crashed cars are a stupid purchase.

Food for thought.

I've had good experiences with the 200 I bought and repaired and the last one I bought repaired by a family owned shop, people I have known for 25 years, was warrantied for 90 days. Only warranty work they did on that car was to plug in the switch that changed the color of the inside ambient lighting and that was a factory defect.

regards
mech

IamIan 01-19-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 464220)

I did .. and .. there is/has been a ... "*&$$%^^ Tesla at that yard"

CarFax of the Tesla Model S in question.
Pdf Link

They said the car itself only had about ~10,000 miles on it before the accident.

They already sold the battery (shipped to customer in Europe).

They do still have the "electric drive" asking $15,000 .. They said they will be sending pictures .. Will forward when I get them.

synergy 01-19-2015 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=IamIan;464447]I did .. and .. there is/has been a ... "*&$$%^^ Tesla at that yard"

CarFax of the Tesla Model S in question.
Pdf Link

They said the car itself only had about ~10,000 miles on it before the accident.

They already sold the battery (shipped to customer in Europe).

They do still have the "electric drive" asking $15,000 .. They said they will be sending pictures .. Will forward when I get them.[/QUOTE

Untill you did that we were made believe it was fake based on some people being negative.

So everyone who said its not there..... Where you at????????????????

Next time have some proof before you make yourself look stupid in public.

And Not recommending a car because its salvage is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than buying salvage parts for a DIY project. And i never mentioned being against a prius because it was salvage... I recommended an insight that was salvage. I think you need to read the thread again.....

At the end of the day there is a tesla!!

I wonder if they have those ram implosion wings. LOL im so funny.

synergy 01-19-2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Mechanic (Post 464420)
Generally speaking from 40 years experience.

Salvage yards pay much more than $500 for cars, but it depends on what is damaged.
Most popular is the front end, then the rear end, the sides are most common in yards.
A car as new as a Tesla will not bring much until the warranty expires. After ten years age a lot of yards crush the cars or sell them to crushers for scrap value.

This is based on hundreds of trips to salvage auctions and buying close to 200 cars.

These days many get shipped overseas.

Rebuilders face inreasing legislation and taxes and fees. Va DOT requires an inspection and recently increased the charge from $25 to $125. The inspection takes about 7 minutes and you can't get a title without that inspection.

Even though the rebuilds sell for about 75% of non damaged cars, the state and county property taxes are not reduced, even with the state passing a law that allows owners to sue insurance companies for "diminished value", something the insurance companies will fight with a vengance sine they don't want to pay that on every repaired car.

In some cases salvage yards make arrangements with insurance companies and pay a fixed percentage of the "actual cash value".

I don't see any links to the yard in question and even after 3 pages on this thread I don't know what they may have or not have. In general recycled parts bring about 50% of the retail "new" part replacement price.

Maybe a link would resolve the issue of whether the search engine includes every car made, or whether the yard actually has a Tesla. The bickering and name calling seems to be very counter productive and I find Frank Lee to be right almost exclusively.

synergy, we have been (you and i) offering counterpoints on another thread concerning a person who is in trouble with a leased altima. In that thread you made a comment about another member, I think redpoint, who bought a salvage repaired plug in prius. Your comment was that it was crazy to buy such a vehicle, then you post about salvage parts in this thread.

Does that mean crash car parts are fine but repaired crashed cars are a stupid purchase.

Food for thought.

I've had good experiences with the 200 I bought and repaired and the last one I bought repaired by a family owned shop, people I have known for 25 years, was warrantied for 90 days. Only warranty work they did on that car was to plug in the switch that changed the color of the inside ambient lighting and that was a factory defect.

regards
mech

And mech sorry but this tesla sold for 20-30k no doubt in auction....not 500. Your crazy. I could see a new p85d selling for 50-60k salvage...

That guy said they are asking 15k on the motor... he prob got 20k for the batteries. There is NOWHERE on earth to get those parts at this point. supply and demand

user removed 01-19-2015 03:31 PM

Apparently you need to read more carefully.

"Salvage yards pay much more than $500 for a car"

"Your crazy" quoting YOU

Maybe the problem is between YOUR ears, since you can't read what I posted and YOU quoted.

If you think a salvage yard paid $50-60k for a wrecked Tesla, you are delusional. They couldn't sell a rebuilt Tesla for that kind of money (host car+parts to repair+labor). I guess now I know who is the one who may not want to post here.

Experience (mine) versus ludicrous speculation (yours). When the facts don't support your speculation, you resort to name calling.

childish

user removed 01-19-2015 03:42 PM

"There is nowhere on earth to get those parts."

Wrong again, you might want to check the legal status of manufacturer-dealer requirements for supplying replacement parts for the cars they sell.

I can call Tesla and get any part I need or sue them for a fortune. Without replacement parts collision repair is impossible and that covers most everything.

Without any replacement parts how can you do any collision repair?

The battery pack in a Tesla that sits long enough is worthless.

I could continue but it would be a huge waste of time, to say nothing of forum etiquette violations.

synergy 01-19-2015 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Mechanic (Post 464467)
"There is nowhere on earth to get those parts."

Wrong again, you might want to check the legal status of manufacturer-dealer requirements for supplying replacement parts for the cars they sell.

I can call Tesla and get any part I need or sue them for a fortune. Without replacement parts collision repair is impossible and that covers most everything.

Without any replacement parts how can you do any collision repair?

The battery pack in a Tesla that sits long enough is worthless.

I could continue but it would be a huge waste of time, to say nothing of forum etiquette violations.

The facts dont support me saying a tesla p85 is worth 20-30k and a p85d would be worth 50-60k....

Ok lets look at the p85. They are asking 15k for the motor... They sold the battery how much do you think they got for the battery? Id peg the battery at maybe $200/ kwh? an 85kwh battery would be worth 16k at that price.

so 16k for the battery and 15k for the motor. I bet they figure both will be gone in 6 months. So if they paid 30k for it they would get back their money in 6 months and the rest is all gravy. I bet theres still 15-20k in value left in it depending on condition.

I figure a p85 D would get 30-40k for its drivetrain without the battery....

Im not sure how you figure my logic is flawed. The only facts we have is they sold the 85kwh battery and they are asking 15k for the motor... 20-30k in value is easy to see.

Value is what people will pay for something. If this yard makes money off the tesla the next time one comes up for bid they will have a better idea of its value and pay more for it knowing what they can sell it for.

user removed 01-19-2015 03:56 PM

the understatement: “It’s A Brick” – Tesla Motors’ Devastating Design Problem

synergy 01-19-2015 04:10 PM

Your quoted something talking about tesla roadsters.... and they quoted a battery price of 40k.... So your actually helping my statement that a crashed tesla is worth 20-30k.

dirtydave 01-19-2015 04:26 PM

@synergy DON'T FORGET YOU ARE ON THE INTERNET!

synergy 01-19-2015 05:15 PM

Awesome?

Keep adding post that are completely unrelated to the topic.

user removed 01-19-2015 05:58 PM

Like tangental, ludicrous, non fact supported speculation. I can ask 100 grand for my $300 car. Doesn't mean I will get my asking price.

Here is another snippet of information. No FACTORY warranty on any part after the vehicle has gone through the salvage process. You ASSumed the battery sold for a price. Has the customer even recieved the battery? Has the seller offered the buyer any warranty. If the battery has not been charged in 6 months, is that same battery still functional, and even if it is functional, what is it's life expectancy.

What kind of damage did the car sustain, if submerged, versus front ended, versus rear ended. Why would any Tesla purchaser want his-her car repaired to begin with, since that affects the future value substantially, as you yourself alluded to in your (other post) criticism of the purchase of a plug in Prius.

First year new cars DONT bring top dollar at auctions, BECAUSE THERE IS NO SOURCE FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN NEW PARTS.

A Tesla is unique in the fact that a significant part of the used value is in the battery, which now has no warranty other than the selling scap yard. Have YOU ever bought a part and had it shipped across the country, only to find it is no good and your only recourse is an "in house credit". TRY SPENDING THAT 20K AT THE YARD THAT SOLD YOU A PIECE OF CRAP. Especially when it involves a purchase outside your own country, where your legal rights may not even exist.

I bet NOT.

Xist 01-19-2015 06:41 PM

I really do not think that Old Mech says anything without knowing what he is saying, and he is extremely knowledgeable.

OBD1Kenobi 01-19-2015 06:59 PM

I think what he meant is that not everything you read on the internet is true. If it was on TV though..........then it HAS to be true. :D

synergy 01-19-2015 07:37 PM

Based on the information from the ONLY person that has called the salvage yard..... They are asking 15k for the motor. Im sure they just sold off the battery for $500.

This whole thread started as me posting that I found a tesla in a junkyard. Which was dismissed and now that it is infact proven to be true you guys just want to argue because you were wrong.

Who cares about how much any of it costs or what they paid. If you need tesla parts they have them.

synergy 01-19-2015 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OBD1Kenobi (Post 464507)
I think what he meant is that not everything you read on the internet is true. If it was on TV though..........then it HAS to be true. :D

Yeah.... Thats why a member called the yard and confirmed they had it while the members who dismissed it were using information from the internet....

So who exactly was believing everything they read on the internet? Im believing the only person here who has actually spoke on the phone to them.

You first couldnt find on their site the tesla and since you couldnt find it on the INTERNET you said it was fake.

Stop being so hypocritical.