EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModder Blog Discussion (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodder-blog-discussion.html)
-   -   Tesla’s New Strategy: Lying About Competitors (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/tesla-s-new-strategy-lying-about-competitors-8351.html)

SVOboy 05-13-2009 12:40 PM

Tesla’s New Strategy: Lying About Competitors

It’s no secret that I am not a big fan of Elon Musk or the way that he leads the company. From calling reporters nasty names to deceptively overhyping new products, it feels like Musk is going to the extreme just to drum up any sort of press he can for Tesla Motors. Now Musk is [...] Related posts:
  1. Tesla Motors is an Environmental Fail (and More!)
  2. Tesla Model S: $50,000 Electric Car that Seats Seven
  3. Tesla Releases Pictures of its Model S 4-Door Sports Sedan

More...

tasdrouille 05-13-2009 01:06 PM

I don't like the guy either, but some trusty people think Tesla makes pretty darn good roadsters.

roflwaffle 05-13-2009 04:46 PM

When did being a prick equate to lying? :confused:

MetroMPG 05-13-2009 05:08 PM

If you're going to slag automakers for distorting the truth about competitors' (and their own) products, you can't stop with Tesla Motors. You're going to be very, very busy!

PaleMelanesian 05-13-2009 05:46 PM

Recent GM ads touting highway fuel economy numbers come to mind.
Then there's the one about the Tahoe hybrid getting better mileage than a mini.

MetroMPG 05-13-2009 11:41 PM

Or Ford's initial crowing about having the "most efficient mid size car in America". (Which they had to change to "most efficient mid size sedan in America.)

jamesqf 05-14-2009 01:09 AM

Personally, I kind of like the idea of a plug-in hybrid with a lawnmower engine - built by Honda, for preference. If you control your operating cycle so that the gas engine comes on while there is still plenty of power in the battery, you don't need more than that. In a small two-seater with good aerodynamics, you shouldn't need more than 5-10 hp to move down a level road at constant speed.

PaleMelanesian 05-14-2009 09:27 AM

It's the same in politics. If you don't have anything good to offer, just sling some mud instead. I think it's just the human factor we're seeing.

trebuchet03 05-14-2009 09:44 AM

I personally wouldn't buy something where the company didn't think it was "the sh!t." I can cut through the crap, that's not a problem - but if you don't believe you're awesome, why should I?

I'm not saying I like the guy... I'm just sayin'

Matt Herring 05-14-2009 10:48 AM

3.5 hour charge...221 mile range graph

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a graph I found about the range of the Tesla Roadster and Model S...seems 221 mile range is only attainable at very low speeds but anything over 100 miles is impressive. Would I buy one...too pricey...but interested to see what they can do in "real world" driving conditions.