EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Texas shooting. 5 deads and 20 wounded. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/texas-shooting-5-deads-20-wounded-37807.html)

All Darc 08-31-2019 07:39 PM

Texas shooting. 5 deads and 20 wounded.

Well, another shooting...

:(

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/po...as-67943493616

NeilBlanchard 08-31-2019 10:38 PM

Way too many dead people.

freebeard 08-31-2019 11:59 PM

Mr. Obvious: America Just Had a Black Mass Shooting, So Why Isn't the Media Talking About It?

Injuries but no deaths? Amateur.

Frank Lee 09-01-2019 05:01 AM

It's been a long time since we've been able to say, "He went postal".

All Darc 09-01-2019 10:51 AM

Armed texans population could not stop the shooter. Just police could, as always.

Frank Lee 09-01-2019 12:38 PM

Not enough of them were armed. The State should issue weapons to all citizens.

All Darc 09-01-2019 01:24 PM

People would still run away. Unles they were close target of a armed criminal, AND if they were not caught by surprise.
In real life a criminal approachs you already with his gun on hand, and you have no time to get your gun, unlock, point and use.

No ofense to USA people (and you north americans know I talk bad about my own country a lot). But USA people should learn with jananese people. Japanese kill thenselves and just it, when they are deep depressed or frustrated, instead of kill people around before suicide like some USA people do.
Japanese call it honor, while USA shooter suicides are just pathetic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 605830)
Not enough of them were armed. The State should issue weapons to all citizens.

redneck 09-01-2019 09:20 PM

Mass Shootings By Country 2019

http://worldpopulationreview.com/cou...gs-by-country/

USA much safer than other countries per capita...

:turtle:

>

slowmover 09-01-2019 09:21 PM

The government can make no laws regarding firearms.

slowmover 09-01-2019 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Darc (Post 605808)

If it was real thing they’d go after those with an active hand in tyranny.

TexasCotton 09-02-2019 08:22 PM

Rabbits

The guy got terminated from an oil service trucking employment. He shot rabbits from his 2nd story lookout window with rifle , neighbors complain to police that could not find him. He killed a postal worker while fleeing police.

The UK seems to be a much safer place to live …..although those here in the USA would complain about 2nd amend rights. The USA is awash in legal and illegal firearms

Two for Two
Two Texas shootings
Two white males from divorce family

Anyone see a pattern yet
Sandy hook shooting young white male from divorce family

slowmover 09-03-2019 10:23 AM

Of the last 36 mass shootings, 34 of the 36 shooters were Negro.

The pattern is to demonize American men. The only group that pays its own way in this society.

All minority, immigrant and females consume more than they pay

In the Permian you no longer see American men driving trucks. What should be (used to be) good paying oilfield work. The rates are so low that only those subsidized by American men can make it work. Pawn off their children and other responsibilities to him, the taxpayer.

You wouldn’t believe the number of these drivers who haven’t got the barest command of English. One wonders, HOW is that possible given they ostensibly grew up here. Ha!

My guess about the oilfield is that they’ve been given a more-or-less guarantee against bankruptcy. None have made a profit. Most services they need are contracted out. And those companies MUST have cheapest overhead to stay afloat.

Go into the McDonalds in Odessa. The girl behind the counter speaks no English. Instead, you must point at a menu on the counter.

Xist 09-03-2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowmover (Post 605965)

Do you have a source for that? I did a search and did not find anything by a source with which I am familiar.

Also, Wal-Mart will stop selling all guns and ammunition except for long barrel deer rifles and shotguns and much of the ammunition for those guns. Walmart ends all handgun ammunition sales and asks customers not to carry guns into stores

roosterk0031 09-03-2019 04:34 PM

A lot depends on your definition of "mass shooting". Some counts use 3 or 4 death/injuries, most are not random shooting it a public place.

"There is no broadly accepted definition of a mass shooting. Gun Violence Archive defines a mass shooting as a single incident in which four or more people, not including the shooter, are "shot and/or killed" at "the same general time and location."

Counting the 14 yo that just killed his whole family, or the criminal resident that killed a woman and her 2 kids in their home a few months ago IMO doesn't fit a "Mass Shooting" but is counted.

Xist 09-03-2019 06:13 PM

I understand that every country counts violence differently, so you cannot really compare.

I believe that we have discussed that there is not one consistent definition for black rifles.

"Oh, they are scary looking. We cannot have that."

All Darc 09-03-2019 11:32 PM

Some scientists especulate afro descendents have a higher incidence, in their population, for genes linked to violence, liker robbery, murder, rape. This is not the same as tell negros are bandids, but just that there are bad genes for diseases, for characteristics, and the incidence of such variables genes are not the same among all ethinic groups. There are good and bad people in all ethinic groups, and smart and dumb people in all ethinic groups. But the incidence of related genes varies...

We can't use the genetic theory for violence and forgot the social and cultural factors (and also historic), since it would be label somehow, or would help to promote labeling of people of some ethinic group, by racist organizations. So it's a very sensible thematic, and dangereous as could be use as a tool for create lies.

Something similar probably exists for inteligence, as the IQ graphics demonstrate clearly differences beteween white, blacks, hispanic, japaneses and jews. Even when take people adopted by wealth couples and created and send to goods schools, the score don't change enough.

Natural sellection, while some early societies was developing, helped that people with better skills, for math, memory, write, social habilities, get in general better life and could have more children than people with genes not so good.
The agriculture itself, developed earlier in european civilization, worked better for people with better social behavior (in general with more social genes), along many generations, and probably enhanced the genetic incidence for genes for better socialization. While in cultures where haunting was more often than agriculture, social bahavior didn't get much required, since someone could steal the prey of other hunter.

Jews got advantage from the suffering they endured. In old times they suffered a lot of prejudice, and couldn't own property but was alloweed to aloan money. Jews with high IQ had better chance of survive or could have more kids or more kids of them would survive, if they have more mney. So the jews good in skill to business, math and verbal comunication, got advantage over jews with less skills, and many skills are connected to genes. So these jews could feed better their kids, pay doctor, pay for coal to warm the home in winter, pay for amah (wet nurse).

If the genes plays a considerable role for some ethinic groups, the leftwing politic of "Everyone is Equal and can Have Equal Results if Had Equal Oportunits", it's very wrong. Maybe they learn it in the worse when, when their politics failed and academic groups became weaker with the ratial quotas.
Finland and other countries acceping imigrants will probably have, in near future, a significative reduction of IQ in the population and a increase in violence.

Before someone call me a racist, I live in a country with high violence, and with a lot of missigenation. So skin color here it's not necessarily a european thing, in case of people that look white.

Maybe the better way to help black populations would be insentives to they do not have children early a and/or single, and latter allow them a free option to use sémen banks, to choose sémen from people (probably blacks they will prefer) with clean record and high IQ.

All Darc 09-03-2019 11:58 PM

Uhnnn... immigration... It's a complex subject...

The main problem it's that there is no filtering to the kind of people who immigrate. There are good and bad people, and the bad portion must be forbidden.
Other aspet is that the USA economy took many immigrants because americans don't want to work in many kinds of jobs. There is also the devaluatin of some jobs, since immigrants would accept lower salary.

But let's supose you meat a immigrant, a nice person, clean record, hard working, making effort to improve his english and following the rules&laws. Would you still dislike hin?

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowmover (Post 605965)

The pattern is to demonize American men. The only group that pays its own way in this society.

All minority, immigrant and females consume more than they pay

In the Permian you no longer see American men driving trucks. What should be (used to be) good paying oilfield work. The rates are so low that only those subsidized by American men can make it work. Pawn off their children and other responsibilities to him, the taxpayer.

You wouldn’t believe the number of these drivers who haven’t got the barest command of English. One wonders, HOW is that possible given they ostensibly grew up here. Ha!

My guess about the oilfield is that they’ve been given a more-or-less guarantee against bankruptcy. None have made a profit. Most services they need are contracted out. And those companies MUST have cheapest overhead to stay afloat.

Go into the McDonalds in Odessa. The girl behind the counter speaks no English. Instead, you must point at a menu on the counter.

freebeard 09-05-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

But let's supose you meat a immigrant, a nice person, clean record, hard working, making effort to improve his english and following the rules&laws. Would you still dislike hin?
Put them through a wood chipper?

Can you like individual people and still oppose mass movements of them?

redpoint5 09-05-2019 01:04 PM

The color of one's skin is of no interest to me with regards to any story that could be told. I'm also opposed to using the adjective "African American" unless we're talking about someone who was born in Africa and gained American citizenship. It doesn't describe skin color because ~10% of Africans are white. My preference when referring to someone is by their name, but if all I had to go on was skin color, I'd simply say black. BTW- my grandmother was from Japan. I'm not Asian-American. I am native American (born in the Americas) or a US citizen.

The strongest link to most of the negative outcomes for a person is single parent households. We celebrate single parents as heros while their descendants drop out of school, become dependents (on society), or worse, predators. I don't mean to vilify single parents, and there are many who do a wonderful job raising their children, but we certainly should not be encouraging this outcome; not culturally, and not with government programs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Darc (Post 605832)
People would still run away. Unles they were close target of a armed criminal, AND if they were not caught by surprise.
In real life a criminal approachs you already with his gun on hand, and you have no time to get your gun, unlock, point and use.

No ofense to USA people (and you north americans know I talk bad about my own country a lot). But USA people should learn with jananese people. Japanese kill thenselves and just it, when they are deep depressed or frustrated, instead of kill people around before suicide like some USA people do.
Japanese call it honor, while USA shooter suicides are just pathetic.

Japanese have the opposite problem of the US; overemphasis on the group. They address each other by their family name because the group identity is more important than their individuality. Culturally, the misfits internalize problems and choose suicide over murder. In the US, we overemphasize individuality, and thus when problems are encountered by an individual, they externalize it as a problem with others.

Somewhere between the 2 extremes there is appropriate balance of acknowledging individual agency and honoring and working toward the well-being of the group.

As far as citizens carrying firearms goes; as many people who are brave enough, disciplined, and trained to responsibly carry, should. How many crimes were prevented by a citizen carrying a gun? You don't always have to use it to deter crime, and we don't remember the stories where gunmen were stopped by armed citizens.

Police are almost never first responders; and usually last responders. We're primarily responsible for the health of our communities, with government agencies representing the very last and worst remedy to a problem that should never have gotten to that point.

ME_Andy 09-05-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebeard (Post 606120)
Put them through a wood chipper?

Hilarious. But imagine somebody with bad English reading this comment. What are they gonna think?

redpoint5 09-05-2019 01:58 PM

Well, he did follow up that joke with "Can you like individual people and still oppose mass movements of them?". Putting a person in a wood chipper would be opposite of liking the individual... though I suppose a very large chipper could be constructed to handle the mass movements.

Xist 09-06-2019 12:13 AM

People complain about tax loopholes. Do those benefit any of us?
People complain about boomstick loopholes. Do those benefit anyone?

Politicians always talk about closing loopholes, but it seems like it never happens. Why not?

Excuse me if you have read these anecdotes before, but when I joined the Army I always referred to a specific group as "African American," but they convinced me to call them black. I came home and went back to school where a friend referred to a classmate as "really tan."

I asked "The black girl?"

He paused and uncomfortably responded "Yeah."

I do not want to offend anyone, but if the people offended by me calling blacks blacks are whites, I do not care.

freebeard 09-06-2019 12:55 AM

Quote:

Hilarious. But imagine somebody with bad English reading this comment. What are they gonna think?
Please don't be offended on All Darc's behalf.

He may understand that I was trying to be helpful. You should see his opinions on meat substitutes.

Shaneajanderson 09-06-2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xist (Post 606174)
People complain about tax loopholes. Do those benefit any of us?
People complain about boomstick loopholes. Do those benefit anyone?

Politicians always talk about closing loopholes, but it seems like it never happens. Why not?

Excuse me if you have read these anecdotes before, but when I joined the Army I always referred to a specific group as "African American," but they convinced me to call them black. I came home and went back to school where a friend referred to a classmate as "really tan."

I asked "The black girl?"

He paused and uncomfortably responded "Yeah."

I do not want to offend anyone, but if the people offended by me calling blacks blacks are whites, I do not care.

No matter what you do these days, someone will be offended. The key is to be respectful and not really care if someone is offended by the truth.

Also here to say, anyone who wants to take my guns away, legal or otherwise, better be ready to kill me over them. Or in other words, send bachelors and come heavily armed.

redpoint5 09-06-2019 11:41 AM

Well, taking guns away is a dumb idea from the beginning, because anyone surrendering them would be considered law abiding. You know, the people that wouldn't go on a shooting spree in the first place.

Xist 09-06-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaneajanderson (Post 606188)
Also here to say, anyone who wants to take my guns away, legal or otherwise, better be ready to kill me over them. Or in other words, send bachelors and come heavily armed.

"Next on The Bachelor, which of these hot young men will live to take away Shane A Janderson's guns?! Stay tuned!"

People would watch!

Shaneajanderson 09-06-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xist (Post 606196)
"Next on The Bachelor, which of these hot young men will live to take away Shane A Janderson's guns?! Stay tuned!"

People would watch!

I was quoting one of the Oregon legislators that Gov. Brown threatened to have drug back to the capital by force to vote on some ridiculous climate alarmism. Redpoint should have heard of that at least?

redpoint5 09-06-2019 02:05 PM

I don't follow news or social media. This is my only source for information related to the news, and some random trivia nights at the pub that always have current events questions.

Shaneajanderson 09-06-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redpoint5 (Post 606203)
I don't follow news or social media. This is my only source for information related to the news, and some random trivia nights at the pub that always have current events questions.

Gotcha, that may not be a bad policy. Your governor threatened to arrest some republican legislators that left the capital to prevent a vote, and one of them, I don't remember the name, said he would resist with force, and that they better "Send bachelors and come heavily armed."

redpoint5 09-06-2019 02:54 PM

Oregon is very progressive. We've got DEQ in several counties despite having no smog problems. We're the 27th largest state, which is to say that a cap and trade policy would do nothing to "heal earth". Probably delay global warming by a few minutes at best. Oregon isn't interested in supporting the low and middle class; they are only interested in pretending to help them while driving business out. They didn't want Hershey to use our water; as if we don't have enough of it. This is why everyone here is a part-time barista renting a room with 5 other people.

I don't know about running away to avoid a corum. Might as well cast the vote and let the chips lay where they may. Perhaps if enough bad laws are passed the citizenry will demand change. If not, they deserve what they allow. The quote from the senator is funny though, and I have sympathy for that sort of language and action when the cause is worthy.

freebeard 09-06-2019 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaneajanderson
I was quoting one of the Oregon legislators that Gov. Brown threatened to have drug back to the capital by force to vote on some ridiculous climate alarmism. Redpoint should have heard of that at least?

When I read it I looked at your Location: North Dakota.

It was one of those things where accelerationism wasn't a first choice. Both parties have used the tactic. But not that awesome quote.

I only trust news from authoritative sources like Tim Pool, Subverse or Styxhexenhammer.

Oregon Portland and the East side of Eugene around the Universities is progressive. But Bend and Redmond are getting a lot of dry-land Californians so that may be skewing the result everywhere else.

redpoint5 09-06-2019 07:42 PM

This probably has no interest, but it roughly represents the nation as a whole; with large cities and coastal areas left leaning, and everywhere else right.

BTW, this is the shape of Oregon
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...s_2016.svg.png

Xist 09-07-2019 01:14 AM

I recently read about certain parts of Oregon with extremely low rates of vaccines.

Arizona democrats are up in arms because the head of the Arizona republican party said they would stop a democrat candidate "Dead in his tracks. I looked at five major dictionaries and each described that expression as a normal term indicating surprise, etc. Claiming this means "We are going to murder him" is one of the most absurd things that I have heard lately and I spend a great amount of time on the Internet. Arizona GOP boss: Stop Senate candidate ‘dead in his tracks’

oil pan 4 09-07-2019 04:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by redpoint5 (Post 606221)
This probably has no interest, but it roughly represents the nation as a whole; with large cities and coastal areas left leaning, and everywhere else right.

BTW, this is the shape of Oregon
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...s_2016.svg.png

https://ecomodder.com/forum/attachme...1&d=1567844250

Shaneajanderson 09-09-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebeard (Post 606218)
When I read it I looked at your Location: North Dakota.

It was one of those things where accelerationism wasn't a first choice. Both parties have used the tactic. But not that awesome quote.

I only trust news from authoritative sources like Tim Pool, Subverse or Styxhexenhammer.

Oregon Portland and the East side of Eugene around the Universities is progressive. But Bend and Redmond are getting a lot of dry-land Californians so that may be skewing the result everywhere else.

Yes I am in North Dakota, and have been my whole life. I take an interest in politics nation wide though, as our legislature seems to want to copy everyone else.

slowmover 09-10-2019 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xist (Post 606013)
I understand that every country counts violence differently, so you cannot really compare.

I believe that we have discussed that there is not one consistent definition for black rifles.

"Oh, they are scary looking. We cannot have that."

FBI. Four or more shot.

No, it’s not complicated. Not subject to vagaries of place or extraneous.

oil pan 4 09-10-2019 10:18 AM

A new ABC poll shows roughly 3/4 of Americans believe that better mental health care would prevent mass killings more than new gum laws that won't be enforced.
Last year the same question netted 77%.

Xist 09-10-2019 06:16 PM

I cannot find FBI statistics for other countries, just this article which keeps saying it is an apples-to-oranges comparison: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...her-countries/

redneck 09-10-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xist (Post 606457)
I cannot find FBI statistics for other countries, just this article which keeps saying it is an apples-to-oranges comparison: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...her-countries/

https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...tml#post605868

:turtle:

>

roosterk0031 09-10-2019 11:03 PM

Frankly I don't care about the 1:30 and follow up 4 am shooting in Chicago 2 weeks ago that fit the more than 4 injured, those people are up to no good and should be excluded from the US "mass" shooting statistics. As should be when a woman or man kills their spouse and kids via firearm. Those are not the random mass shooting that make the news, but are counted in the statistics.