EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Forum News & Feedback (https://ecomodder.com/forum/forum-news-feedback.html)
-   -   Thread jacking somewhat related (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/thread-jacking-somewhat-related-8027.html)

theunchosen 04-21-2009 08:36 PM

Thread jacking somewhat related

I'm just curious but how did I end up looking at that thread? I definitely did not send myself there.

And does anyone else find these Michigan economic development corporation adds really annoying.

I walked away and mine started talking. I was somewhat alarmed because I was alone and it was obviously on this side of my locked door. . .

UfoTofU 04-21-2009 08:41 PM

That only happens if you mouse over.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...bonus-180.html By the way that ad pays the most.

And I'm in Nashville

theunchosen 04-21-2009 08:47 PM

Yeah, it was just delayed. It took it maybe thirty seconds, or long enough for me to get to the bathroom, for it to spring up.

Then I was alarmed. It was probably aggravated by the fact I was using the bathroom. . .

But how did I end up in that hi-jacking thread? Moderator abilities to automatically redirect either everyone or individuals to a specific thread?

Just curious.

And so I don't have to test it is the automatic status update of master ecomodder the last one or is there anything above that?

That was question I had been sitting on for a while.

SVOboy 04-21-2009 08:56 PM

It is the last automatic status update. I tend to assume that after people post that much they'll either like the title or customize one, :)

And there was no automatic redirection, I don't even know if that's possible. Perhaps you accidentally clicked something? *shrug*

theunchosen 04-21-2009 09:38 PM

Its possible, but with this host it may not be easy at all. I'm going to gamble what happened was I followed the the link to a new post and double clicked or something or switched pages and clicked as IE decided it wanted to look at it.

It actually happens a surprising amount of the time as I am viewing and updating several pages at the same time.

Christ 04-21-2009 10:23 PM

Hence the reason I started using Opera, and auto-tab-update add-ons. I can't find any that work for firefox, but it would refresh all my tabs every X seconds. The only time I didn't really like this, is when I was checking out cached pages... and it would refresh to the non-cache page, which was usually not what I wanted.

theunchosen 04-21-2009 10:30 PM

I permit thread jacking in this thread. . .(its my thread I can do what with as I please ^_^, even if it means posting in less than decent clothing(My work jeans are pretty holey))

I use both Chrome and IE, but at the time I was using IE. I actually use whichever I click and thus forth have no pattern for what reason I pick this one or that one. Mostly it gets dictated if I am in a searching mood or if I am on to do the basics(IE is triggered to load this site, gmail, google and 2 others only one of the five is what I would term as productive.)

Christ 04-21-2009 10:34 PM

I autoload Gmail, this site, several game sites, a few electronics sites, some modding sites, a couple random things that were left from each time I logout.

About 22 tabs I have loaded at just about all times. And that's when I'm not particularly interested in anything. I don't recycle tabs, I just open more.

Moar, cuz moar!!!

Christ 04-21-2009 10:42 PM

From left to right, right now:

Gmail
TurboDodge.com Forum
Instructable: DIY 1kW wind turbine
Ecomodder: Cam regrind thread
Endyn: Home
Endyn: Articles
Ecomodder: New magnet motor thread
eBay: Diesel engine search
Wiki: Dreidel
SearchTempest.com
CL ad
CL ad
CL ad
CL ad
This thread
AddictingGames.com
Newgrounds.com
Tigerdirect.com
Newegg.com
Freewebarcade.com
Rockauto.com

And whatever 10 or so I closed a few minutes ago.

wagonman76 04-22-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theunchosen (Post 99518)
And does anyone else find these Michigan economic development corporation adds really annoying.

So I see it is not just us Michiganders. I thought maybe some sort of spyware or web tracking put those ads on mine.

Yes I do find it annoying. I have been hearing the ads on the radio for years. It seems Jeff Daniels is the only one who wants to build in Michigan these days.