Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hybrids
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Engineering first

17 i3-REx - '14 BMW i3-REx
Last 3: 45.67 mpg (US)

Blue Bob's - '19 Tesla Std Rng Plus
Survey of Prius Ebay sales

Hi,

A friend is selling his Prius so I did a survey of Prius sales prices from the completed listings on Ebay. This takes a little time as the data has to be entered manually. But with a recent request for a high-mileage vehicle for under $10k, timely:

The ZVW30, 2010-2011, is effectively the "new car" and it still commands a substantial premium. However, two NHW20, 2004-2009, showed up including one with a hymotion, PHEV installed.

Now if one wants to risk a car with an accident or salvage title, the prices become much more reasonable. If someone is planning to modify their ride, self-maintenance to the extreme, these would be good vehicles to start.

By the way, we can divide the miles by model year age, offset by six months, to find the average number of miles each car accumulated when sold:

The double-humped curve is indicative of two types of owners. One set does not drive many miles per years and this is the set CNW Marketing used when they published their "dust-to-dust" nonsense. The other set drive the heck out of their high mileage cars. They drive enough miles so the fuel savings becomes a predominate expense per mile.

Bob Wilson

Last edited by bwilson4web; 04-25-2011 at 07:53 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to bwilson4web For This Useful Post:
roflwaffle (04-24-2011)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread