EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer (https://ecomodder.com/forum/opengauge-mpguino-fe-computer.html)
-   -   VXers with calibrated MPGuinos? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/vxers-calibrated-mpguinos-3829.html)

SVOboy 07-15-2008 11:25 PM

VXers with calibrated MPGuinos?

Anyone out there? What numbers are you using?

dcb 07-16-2008 08:56 AM

Maybe this will help:
supermid vx discussion

Note: we are currently subtracting 500 microseconds from each pulse.

p.p.s. slight VSS correction, it is 8208 , not 8204

SVOboy 07-16-2008 12:22 PM

Thanks for the link and the vss correction...I guess I'll have to fill up and get a tank in, soon.

SVOboy 07-16-2008 05:10 PM

Put in the numbers, the results seem feasible...I'm very happy with them. Will wait to learn more before I get to reporting everything.

dcb 07-16-2008 06:10 PM

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

mango 11-04-2008 01:05 AM

Hey all. I think this will be my first post and I have to say how mind blown I am that so many people so generously donated their time to this project. I never woulda thought this was possible. We got some smart (and seriously generous) ones here! :D

I'm posting in this thread because I too have a (94) VX. I just built up my iduino mpguino and I'm itching to get it hooked up.

I'm at this point:

Quote:

Installation notes:
For Identifying where to tap into the fuel injector:
1. turn on the ignition, leave engine off.
2. Unplug an injector.
3. With a voltmeter, measure the voltage on each injector connection. One should be 12 volts and the other should be more like 0. You will want to tap into the one that is at 0 volts.
..and getting a little stuck. With the ignition on, all of my injectors are reading 12 volts. Has anyone else run into this? What did you do?

According to this diagram, the VSS signal comes in at B10 on the ECU. Can anyone confirm that one? Also, would you happen to have an ECU pin for the always-on +12 volts? Is this even where I should be getting the always-on +12 volts from? I suppose I could dig around with my voltmeter, but if someone had it handy, that would be wonderful. :o

Did anyone include fuses or other safety things?

Lastly, does anybody have all the nice calibrated MPGuino settings?

I hope that's not too many questions for a newb to throw down in the beginning. As you can see, I am very green, but very excited to learn from you all. Thanks in advance!

SVOboy 11-04-2008 01:08 AM

The value yoshi / dcb gave me is good. b10 is what you want. For the injectors tap a1 or a3 or a5 or a9 or something like that, they're colourful. Also, you should be able to find a 12v from the ecu but you want something the connects straight to the battery for always on.

Welcome to EM

mango 11-04-2008 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 70805)
The value yoshi / dcb gave me is good. b10 is what you want. For the injectors tap a1 or a3 or a5 or a9 or something like that, they're colourful. Also, you should be able to find a 12v from the ecu but you want something the connects straight to the battery for always on.

Welcome to EM

Holy crap that was speedy! Thank you so much! So it doesn't sound like it matters which injector I tap? I really appreciate your help!

backsidesnap 07-10-2009 12:41 PM

Hello, I just got my mpguino installed! that was kinda a pain but now im excited to get it calibrated correctly. SVOboy do you know the pertinent info that I would need? the vss came up at 8208 and mango said that that should be right. but I need the fuel injectors as well and cant seem to find that anywhere. If you have those numbers that would be incredible! thanks

SVOboy 07-10-2009 12:55 PM

I actually dont remember the number, and I am 10,000 miles from the car right now so I cant check. I do know I found it somewhere on the site, though.

:thumbup: