Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2014, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

eco-crx - '90 honda crx hf
Team Honda
90 day: 56.89 mpg (US)
Smile 1988 CRX HF HYPER MILER!!! Great MPGs for cheap!

Selling this for a buddy of mine,

1988 CRX HF HYPER MILER!!! Great MPGs for cheap!

(click ad for more pics/contact info)

~~~~~

1988 CRX HF. 217k miles on chassis. 77k miles on engine New timing belt, water pump, some gaskets, new clutch. New aftermarket replacement radiator. Brand new brakes front and rear!! Ready for the next 100k miles.

Previous owner had painted it with a brush. Not sure what kind of paint he used but he got it all over the trim. I replaced the hood (it was in worse shape than this one). The tires all have decent tread, but regular rotations were neglected and the tire tread wear is very uneven. I did have them all balanced and roadforce tested. I think only one of the tires road force tested OK. They are all in balance, but there is still a shake on the highway. The shocks are older units, but are not completely wiped out. Windshield does have a crack, but it is up high and out of sight. Seats were replaced with 90-93 Integra units. They are not in the best condition and the previous owner had kinda rigged them in there. Not the way I would have done it. I have searched for 88-89 HF seats to no avail. Interior is decent for a car that is 26 years old. Climate controls are cracked, but operational. A/C system was removed (everything forward of the firewall). I am including all the parts with the sale so if one wanted to reinstall it, they could, but I dont know if the compressor is good or not. The refrigerant was discharged when I bought the car. To start the car, you have to turn the key like you normally would, but you also have to push the key in a little bit. Im guessing the ignition switch is getting wore out. I am including a used one as a replacement. Driver fender is dented and what not (see pics). Quarters have the typical Honda "rot" but its not too bad. Car was previously titled in Maryland. The guy I bought it from lived in Chicago for a while, but soon moved back to MD. The only thing I have left to do is have an exhaust donut gasket replaced. It might very well be done by the time its sold.

And now to the price. I am asking $2000 for this car. This car has never been modified in any way. Never had a motor swap (besides an exact replacement with 77k miles on it, and I do have the receipt). This car has never been lowered nor has it ever been "riced" out with one of those fart can mufflers or shopping cart wings. No offense to anyone is meant. I am part of the CRX community so I know what clean HFs and other models of CRXs sell for. I watch them all the time on eBay and they always generate a good amount of bids. The 88 HF was the lightest one ever made, and they routinely hit mid 50 MPGs. I know what I have and I know what people are willing to pay. It sucks that the body is so rough and that the previous owner had painted it in such a manner. But, afterall, to the right guy, the price is fair. I have put a fair amount of work and parts into this car, which is reflected in my price. Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Call or text 608-235-5280. Please no calls/texts after 8pm (central time).

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread