EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   Wanted: Dodge Ram Diesel (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/wanted-dodge-ram-diesel-14572.html)

Gasoline Fumes 09-16-2010 09:08 PM

Wanted: Dodge Ram Diesel

I'm looking for a Dodge Ram with the Cummins turbodiesel. Gotta be 4WD with a manual transmission. And I prefer the 94-98.5 with the 12-valve engine. Looks aren't important, but price is. Something in NY would be nice, but I'm willing to travel for the right truck. Anybody seen any for sale? :)

Gasoline Fumes 09-25-2010 09:51 PM

I'd consider a Ford F350 with the solid front axle as well.

JQmile 10-10-2010 02:13 AM

Good luck man, they're hard to find for a good price.

Wonderboy 10-10-2010 09:10 AM

Last I saw there was a 79 200D benz with engine still intact, and an 86 or 87 vw sedan at the local salvage yard. Those are kind of like a dodge truck, right? I never look in the dodge/chrysler section. I did find this and this and this in the reasonable price range. Good luck!

Gasoline Fumes 10-11-2010 05:05 AM

So far all the ones I've found have been way too expensive or really beat up. I'd also consider a gasoline Dodge Ram of a similar age. Even better if it's equipped with a snow plow.

Thanks for the links, Will. That's the price range I'm looking at, but I really need 4WD.

Wonderboy 10-11-2010 12:56 PM

OOH! I can get you a snowplow mount & hydraulic system!

Sphone 12-01-2010 07:29 PM

Dodge Ram 2500 diesel for sale

I have 1996 Dodge Ram 2500 turbo diesel for sale. Automatic, 2WD, tow package, 8 ft. bed, bed liner and tie downs. Electric brake controller and 12,000 lb. hitch installed. Block heater, tilt, cruise, power windows, cold A/C, AM/FM/cassette, intermittent wipers with new winter blades. Everything works. 40:20:40 split front bench, grey cloth, fold down rear bench. I purchased it in 2006 with 132,000 on it and did brakes, usual maintenance and changed all transmission fluids, gear oils, etc. Has since had 2 new batteries installed and 2 new ball joints in front end this year. Now 158,500 (or so) miles. New-ish all season radials plus 2 new studded winter tires (presently mounted). No dents or damage--just 2 minor superficial scrapes on each side. $7000.

I cannot post private messages since I am newby here but maybe you can PM me if you are interested and I can email you some pix.

This truck is fully depreciated and probably has another 200,000 miles on the motor. Will be a great work truck or highway hauler. I know it hauled the horse trailer as if it wasn't there (horses prefer automatics!) but I have sold the horse and trailer and now need something small and sensible for winter driving.

Dave's Civic Duty 12-02-2010 09:09 AM

Sounds like a great truck Sphone!

GF, you prolly want a 4x4 for running the plow.

Horses prefer auto's, I never really thought of that.

A truck from Ky should be faily clean rust wise too!

I love my 3500, use it for my farm stuff mostly, you can't beat the Cummins GF, I'd hold out to find one w/ a diesel.

Stay away from the 6.0 Ford diesel most guys have problem w/ those. Need to have ARP head studs put in them to make them right.

Also the Cummins has the best fuel economy.

Also avoid the Chevy & GMC 6.2 & 6.5. Those are before they went w/ the Isusu Duramax.

Cummins is the way to go,
Dave

Gasoline Fumes 12-02-2010 10:41 AM

I have a 6.2L in a 1983 GMC. Very rusty and in need of a 700R4 auto transmission. Not really worth fixing. Other than a leaking injection pump, I never had any trouble with the Detroit 6.2L. Still has great compression. Not much power, but doesn't burn much fuel considering its displacement. I'm actually looking for another GM truck to drop the 6.2 in. Any decent Cummins is out of my price range. I'd love to drop a Cummins 4BT in something, maybe when the 6.2 finally blows up. :D

I want:
4WD
Manual trans with "creeper" 1st and reverse. I'm not a horse! :D
Diesel (with mechanical injection)
Solid front axle
Not a dually
Not really rusty

I believe this leaves me with a Ford F350, Dodge Ram 2500, or older GM. A long wheelbase makes plowing very difficult in tight driveways. The old GMC (regular cab, long bed) has a 131" wheelbase, which is longer than ideal. I'm starting to think I want a short bed Chevy/GMC, but I know I'll miss the longer bed when hauling stuff. Yes, I'm very picky. And I'll probably be shoveling my driveway this winter. :eek:

Dave's Civic Duty 12-02-2010 12:34 PM

My first experience w/ a 6.2 about 4 years ago was I went to look at a extended 3500 GMC. Put $100 dollars down on it, Ebay deal. Drove from NE Ohio to St Louis only to find out it wouldn't start. Thought it would be good for hauling my llamas. Did get my deposit back.

Then I found a rust free 86 Econoline 350 w/ a 6.9 in NC. I could never keep that thing running. Whenever I needed it, it quit, left me stranded many times or wouldn't start. I found an expert that specialized in the 6.9 locally that was on one of the Ford diesel pages. He helped it some. It only had low 127K miles because it never ran.

The 12V trucks are great. Guys that haul love 'em, many make a million miles. Dodges are not light duty trucks they are medium duty. Cummins made 'em that way!

Dave