EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   WANTED: pre 67 VW Beetle (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/wanted-pre-67-vw-beetle-4833.html)

trikkonceptz 08-29-2008 05:16 PM

WANTED: pre 67 VW Beetle

As stated I am loking for a VW beetle 67 or older. It will be the base vehicle for my new E vehicle project. It does not have to have many parts, I may not even need a title.

I simply need a somewhat clean body as the rest of the vehicle will not be used. I have a trailer to go and pick it up if necessary, obviously the cheaper the better and free is beautiful, especially if you live in FL or GA.

So go diggin around those hay stacks in the back yard, you may have forgotten that you buried a bug back there 20 years ago ... LOL

thebrad 08-29-2008 05:53 PM

eBay Motors: Volkswagen : Beetle - Classic (item 120298230744 end time Aug-31-08 22:58:06 PDT)

Craigslist.org (Crazedlist.org, if you have Firefox and are more ambitious)
Autotrader.com

trikkonceptz 08-29-2008 06:40 PM

Nice find and thank you ... but

It's in Cali .. ouch

And it's not a 66, looks like an early 70's vw, the older pre 67's had the Wide 5 lug pattern, but that is exactly what I need, or with less parts ... LOL

thebrad 08-29-2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikkonceptz (Post 57249)
Nice find and thank you ... but

It's in Cali .. ouch

And it's not a 66, looks like an early 70's vw, the older pre 67's had the Wide 5 lug pattern, but that is exactly what I need, or with less parts ... LOL

California and Arizona have to be like top spots to buy a car from just because of the year round sun. I would think it would be worth it to pay the extra money to transport it for a "clean" specimen, especially when the car is basically a shell like that one since you are going to rip it apart anyway, right?

But eh, no worries. Stay vigilant you'll find what you're looking for.

trikkonceptz 08-29-2008 07:42 PM

exactly, no rush and besides, where are all those movie cars? I always see the perfect junk car in the movies .. I need some of those...

Ryland 08-30-2008 10:53 AM

why pre 1967? if it's a clean shell those are going to have a high value, I've had people calling me about a 1967 beetle that is in the backgrond of some photo of other cars I've sold and people are still interested in it after I tell them that it was hit by a snow plow and doesn't have a title, a clean shell that old is a gold mine.

trikkonceptz 09-01-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryland (Post 57423)
why pre 1967? if it's a clean shell those are going to have a high value, I've had people calling me about a 1967 beetle that is in the backgrond of some photo of other cars I've sold and people are still interested in it after I tell them that it was hit by a snow plow and doesn't have a title, a clean shell that old is a gold mine.

They really aren't that rare, and pre 67 for many reasons including;
-I love the over all styling of the older bugs and yes there is a difference.
-Simplicity
-I am very familiar on how to dismantle the older beetles
-I have access to parts galore for those years

I mean really I am looking between 61 & 67, any older and you get into the splits and ovals and those are pricey in any condition. Besides I never was a fan of the post 67 beetle, super beetle etc, besides I need a flat windshield for the heavy modding I plan to do.

ankit 09-05-2008 03:41 PM

FS FT:1961 Beetle - VAdriven.com Forums

In Va.

Will 09-05-2008 06:50 PM

Please promise that you will paint it up like Herbie!!! That would rock.

ROFL Box 09-06-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will (Post 59181)
Please promise that you will paint it up like Herbie!!! That would rock.

Ivan is a disney freak as is, im sure it will be