EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Off-Topic Tech (https://ecomodder.com/forum/off-topic-tech.html)
-   -   What are the best vehicle cleaning products? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/what-best-vehicle-cleaning-products-29909.html)

SilverCrown9701 09-04-2014 07:44 PM

What are the best vehicle cleaning products?

Hello all!

We've all been there...browsing the automotive aisle and searching among the various cleaning products from all of the major manufacturers with a few underdogs here and there. It's very frustrating and overwhelming!

My question is to those who have used products, not just heard about them.

What are the best and SAFEST vehicle cleaning products? Exterior and Interior.

I do not like ArmorAll or TurtleWax. I did not like the results.

ALSO, what tools and tips does anyone recommend for a spot free interior detailed clean?

Thanks! :)

user removed 09-04-2014 07:57 PM

I like simple green, used it on the Sentra seats which had some stains. A soft bristle brush then wipe it off with a towel. It was diluted about 90% with water and a gallon of concentrate is fairly cheap. I like Mother's Gold Carnauba Wax.

Simple Green is supposed to be non toxic and biodegradable.

regards
mech

Cobb 09-04-2014 08:02 PM

I like awesome o from the dollar store. Its a bottle of yellow liquid that degreases and cleans just about anything.

Otherwise I like turtle wax. I use to be a rain x fan, but their wax and other stuff started to leave the market.

darcane 09-05-2014 04:13 PM

This guy runs high-end detailing business, and has made some great videos outlining how to wash and detail cars. He also specifies exactly what he uses with links to Amazon (and very few are fancy, expensive items) and shows basic techniques with inexpensive products and goes through some professional techniques and products. Any time I'm looking for advice on how to clean something, I look up his videos:

Basic Wash:
Basic Car Wash | AMMO NYC

Interior:
Interior Detailing | AMMO NYC

They sell cleaning products too, and obviously he will be using those, but if you look for products that are similar you should be able to get similar results. He often describes some products not to use and explains why they shouldn't be used.

Insight for life 09-05-2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darcane (Post 444165)
This guy runs high-end detailing business, and has made some great videos outlining how to wash and detail cars. He also specifies exactly what he uses with links to Amazon (and very few are fancy, expensive items) and shows basic techniques with inexpensive products and goes through some professional techniques and products. Any time I'm looking for advice on how to clean something, I look up his videos:

Basic Wash:

Interior:

They sell cleaning products too, and obviously he will be using those, but if you look for products that are similar you should be able to get similar results. He often describes some products not to use and explains why they shouldn't be used.

Larry is my favorite detailer by far. His videos and site have helped me and given me the courage to do the harder and more sensitive stuff. Thanks for posting that link!

ksa8907 09-06-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darcane (Post 444165)

Basic Wash:

Interior:

i have been wanting to learn more about vehicle paint care lately, so thank you for posting this!

SilverCrown9701 09-08-2014 02:27 PM

Thank you for posting, darcane!

One product that I love and fully recommend for headlight restoration is Sylvania headlight restoration kit.

It's $20 on Amazon and it's by far the best I've tried with long lasting results. It's also the top rated headlight kit on several sites including Consumer Reports.

101Volts 09-09-2014 08:27 AM

The best?

The best for glass that I've tried so far is the Armor-All wipes. They clean more than some cleaners I used at Sheetz gas stations, which did leave a fluid that would dry and be dirty.

SilverCrown9701 09-11-2014 09:19 PM

To be honest, what I'm looking for is this:

-Best car wash liquid
-Best glass cleaner
-Best carpet/upholstery cleaner
-Best dashboard/plastics cleaner
-Best cleaning and drying cloths/towels
-Best sponges, squeegees and various cleaning tools

-Recommended crevice tools and devices that you love
-Feedback on tools and tips you've used that have worked

Thanks! :)

Insight for life 09-11-2014 09:43 PM

Lifter-1 carpet/upholstery cleaner is the best I have found. I like turtle wax ice(blue bottle) or most recently Meguires ultimate (clear bottle yellow liquid) for car wash. Stoners glass cleaner. (Yellow cap black can.) I like the aerosol version. I use whatever cleaner I have laying around for plastics I have used scrubbing bubbles many many times. I prefer white terry towels for cleaning or micro fiber works good too.