Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2024, 11:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Milk - '14 Toyota Aqua (JDM Prius C)
Team Toyota
90 day: 69.29 mpg (US)
New PB! Finally Above 70mpg(US)

I just pumped 27.36L into my 2014 Toyota Aqua (JDM Prius C) after 858.5km on the odometer's trip meter. This equates to 3.19L/100km (73.78mpg(US)). I achieved this by adjusting my driving habits, keeping an eye on my battery charge and engine stats on the HybridAssistant phone app, and tyres inflated slightly above the door jamb recommendation.

As New Zealand goes into autumn and then winter, this is the best fuel economy I am expecting to get. I am considering grille blocking if the temperatures are such that the engine struggles to keep itself above its miminum 40°C during my relatively short 14km commutes. Already a couple of times this week the weather was cold enough that the engine turned itself on whilst I was waiting at traffic lights because my engine-off coast beforehand had cooled the engine. I had to manually turn it off with my car's "EV Mode" button, deactivating EV mode only when it was time to drive off.

Last edited by BlueCoast; 03-15-2024 at 11:42 PM.. Reason: Doubled my commute distance to account for there and back.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueCoast For This Useful Post:
freebeard (03-16-2024), Gasoline Fumes (03-18-2024), Joggernot (03-16-2024)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread