EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Success Stories (https://ecomodder.com/forum/success-stories.html)
-   -   What did you do to/with your vehicle today? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/what-did-you-do-your-vehicle-today-38336.html)

California98Civic 05-06-2020 06:33 PM

What did you do to/with your vehicle today?

A general thread about anything you did with or to your vehicle today. Not just modding and repair, not just cars but also trucks, bikes, motorcycles and more (any "vehicle"). Did you go take some pictures of it to send to a friend? Go out for a test drive and enjoy the weather?

Too, post up your successes in repairing something, because that's doing something with/to your vehicle, too. Post whatever you did to/with your vehicle for comfort or enjoyment. Did you clean it for the first time in a decade and want to brag? Post it up, slob! Post about the eco-modifications you successfully completed. It can be just progress on something.

For example, I go driving for the heck of it. Park near a beach, go for a walk... enjoy the weather and the surf and the car.

I am working on the fitment and placement of an oil catch can for my car. It's not complete and it's not about fuel economy. It is mainly about emissions and engine health. I got a Mishimoto clone for $20 that is really good, but not all the hardware matches my need and I want to find a stealthy place for it, so I am hunting the engine bay of my 1998 Civic. Any ideas?

California98Civic 05-08-2020 08:37 PM

Paint and parts purchase

1 Attachment(s)
1) Bought some tubing and a drain valve for my oil catch can.
2) Painted my badly faded and chipping wiper arm and passenger side mirror delete blank.

https://ecomodder.com/forum/attachme...1&d=1588984531

California98Civic 05-09-2020 09:23 PM

Tore apart DIY aftermarket electronics panel on the dash, so I can repaint and rebuild it. Then I resecured part of a wheel well skirt that keeps breaking loose.

You?

skyking 05-10-2020 02:47 AM

I've been puttering with the electronics refit of the Ram 3500 4x4
Today I drug some wiring from the back to the front for a rear view camera and supplemental LED lighting. Started looking for places to mount the extra reverse lights.

California98Civic 05-10-2020 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyking (Post 623749)
I've been puttering with the electronics refit of the Ram 3500 4x4
Today I drug some wiring from the back to the front for a rear view camera and supplemental LED lighting. Started looking for places to mount the extra reverse lights.

Sounds good. I want to install backup camera on my daughter's car. Today on my Civic, parts arrived for my catch can and all I need to do now is mount it (and make a bracket). Wish I had a really stealthy spot for it, but that might not be possible.

me and my metro 05-11-2020 12:24 AM

Added some r134 to both my Saturn and my GMC. Cold a/c again in both rigs. It took 15 years for the GMC to loose enough to not engage the compressor. The Saturn just needed a sniff to bring the pressures back to what they needed to be.

California98Civic 05-11-2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by me and my metro (Post 623812)
Added some r134 to both my Saturn and my GMC. Cold a/c again in both rigs. It took 15 years for the GMC to loose enough to not engage the compressor. The Saturn just needed a sniff to bring the pressures back to what they needed to be.

My wife's 2010 Subaru isn't blowing so cold anymore... I though I would give it a boost soon, before it gets hot. Did you use an autoparts store kit or something more professional?

California98Civic 05-11-2020 11:50 PM

Repaired an undercarriage trim piece on my wife's car. One of thr front tire spats had come loose and gotten ruined because it was not attached properly previously (by me). Ordered and installed a replacement to fix my own mistke, lol.

California98Civic 05-12-2020 09:01 PM

Reminded my daughter to get on that HVAC system repair for her car. She's all cocky about learning the problem might be in the fuse box. I am almost hoping it turns out more complicated (... almost). ;)

skyking 05-13-2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by me and my metro (Post 623812)

Did that same thing a few years back with my 2007 truck. All it needed was a little bit, and I found the service valve was probably the culprit and put a new gasketed cap on it.