EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   What are your 2008 mod goals / wish list? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/what-your-2008-mod-goals-wish-list-1199.html)

MetroMPG 02-27-2008 10:57 AM

What are your 2008 mod goals / wish list?

With the worst of the '07/'08 winter in the rear view mirror, thoughts turn to plans for the return of tinkering weather (for those of us stuck in more northerly lattitudes...)

I'm granting myself some flexibility between "goals" and a "wish list" because I've proven I'm lousy at making & sticking to actual goals on a specific timeline. Even so, I can probably realisticaly divide between attainable vs. hopeful...

So here are my ...

Metro goals:

- properly affix rear skirts (brackets)
- make permanent partial kammback
- experiment with front air dam
- develop front wheel skirts
- test airtabs

Metro wish list:

- lowering

ForkenSwift goals:

- dissassemble, clean & repaint everything (motor, racks, engine compartment)
- install battery pack LED monitor
- add DC/DC converter

ForkenSwift wish list:

- add 2 more batts on a controller bypass circuit for 60v turbo mode

budomove 02-27-2008 11:08 AM

better rad block

remove front emblem

remove rear wiper

MetroMPG 02-27-2008 11:15 AM

OT... but Frank - what's your avatar?

TomO 02-27-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 11653)
With the worst of the '07/'08 winter in the rear view mirror, thoughts turn to plans for the return of tinkering weather (for those of us stuck in more northerly lattitudes...)

crossing my fingers in the hopes that all the the nasties are behind us now.

So here are my ...

Thrifty McGassaver goals:
  • Build a Coroplast Kammeback
  • Finish rebuilding the spare D15Z1
  • Install said rebuilt D15Z1
  • Experiment with front air dam
  • Test out Pulstar Plugs on the D15Z1
  • Purchase and install new suspension
  • Take care of the last little rust spots
  • Refinish my under pan

budomove 02-27-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 11657)
OT... but Frank - what's your avatar?

That is a snapshot taken out the rear of my cousins car going over the bayou 10 miles NW of New Orleans.

Daox 02-27-2008 12:11 PM

Looking out an entire year isn't easy for me. I change my mind way too much. :)

Matrix Goal: Average tank mileage to 40 mpg
-Improved grill block
-Underbody panel
-Possibly rear wheel skirts

Paseo Goal: Average tank mileage to 55 mpg
-Grill block
-Underbody panel
-Possibly rear wheel skirts
-Install new reworked head
-New exhaust system

There are many other possibilities that may turn into mods. I'm more into the engine side of it than most. I designed a descent fuel heater that I originally canned since the Matrix already heats its fuel to some degree. However, the Paseo does not so there might be benefits from it. I also just ordered some material for a electrolysis unit for onboard browns gas generation. So, we'll see how that progresses. That'll most likely go on the Matrix. I also have to get my Tercel back on the road. Its going to be a busy summer thats for sure.

MetroMPG 02-27-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daox (Post 11663)
I also just ordered some material for a electrolysis unit for onboard browns gas generation.

Your homework has told you that's not a net loss proposition?

MetroMPG 02-27-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomO (Post 11658)
  • Finish rebuilding the spare D15Z1

And then is next year's goal rebuilding the "other" spare D15Z1?

Daox 02-27-2008 12:23 PM

Not when properly designed. The engine doesn't run on the browns gas (hydrogen/oxygen from breaking down water). The browns gas only enhances the combustion event.

When I actually start building and using it you can be sure I'll be posting info.

trebuchet03 02-27-2008 12:53 PM

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.au...7/img_7330.jpg
That spoiler. I even have the materials and know I'm going to make/prototype it :D I even have a modification for it so that my trunk stays usable/accessible :D

Another goal... My super secret $15 easy to apply belly pan. I've been cooking up this idea for about 6 months now and I think I've finally found a suitable material that's easy to apply, should be easy to remove, weatherproof, can take a bit of heat and is available almost anywhere (in stock in many home improvement stores!). It's also cheaper than coroplast and much lighter - but it's not structural at all. And should it just fall off - it won't hurt anything (just make a bit of a mess as it disintegrates).

I've also been meaning to show off my $1 grille block that's just about perfectly formed to my existing grille and doesn't leave any sticky tape residue :)