EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   will my tires pop? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/will-my-tires-pop-40888.html)

Phase 04-11-2023 05:47 PM

will my tires pop?

so if im running 40 psi on my tires that have a max inflation of 44psi

and i drive to phoenix where its 100 degrees, based on the temp diff, my baseline cold pressure will be 45 psi. driving around the numbers raise 2-4 psi depending on surface temps and speed. that means my tire psi may hit 47-49 psi when they are rated at 44. i would be driving solo without a fully weighed car though

will i get a blow out?

redpoint5 04-11-2023 07:05 PM

The burst pressure of a tire is a few hundred PSI.

It's a matter of comfort, wear, and handling characteristics, not bursting.

Phase 04-11-2023 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redpoint5 (Post 682727)
The burst pressure of a tire is a few hundred PSI.

It's a matter of comfort, wear, and handling characteristics, not bursting.

okay i just dont wanna end up with a flat tire on the side of the road in phoenix!

oil pan 4 04-12-2023 08:10 AM

Blowouts are normally caused by lack of pressure and/or sidewall damage.

cowmeat 04-12-2023 08:54 AM

I ran the Bridgestone RE92s at 60+ psi for years in both of my G1 Insights (in the hot central Florida climate), I'd say you're safe :thumbup:

Hersbird 04-15-2023 06:45 AM

The max tire pressure is a cold pressure too. Never adjust your tire pressure down when hot. So many cars around here run low pressure all winter because they lower the tire pressure in the summer.

Isaac Zachary 04-15-2023 11:23 PM

I did know a guy who blew off his hand by overfilling a tire. But 40PSI should be fine unless you notice damage to the tire (bulging out one side for an example).

ConnClark 04-18-2023 10:39 PM

You will probably just suffer the center of your tread wearing out prematurely. With an over inflated tire the tread isn't flat and bulges in the middle thus it doesn't wear evenly.

freebeard 04-18-2023 11:19 PM

Quote:

will my tires pop?
Based on my experience, don't slide sideways into a curb.

Blacktree 04-19-2023 08:18 AM

As mentioned above, the max tire pressure printed on the sidewall is cold pressure. And it's mostly for stuff like driver/passenger comfort, proper tire wear, etc.

If you keep the tires overinflated for a long enough time, you'll eventually get increased treadwear in the center of the tire. Otherwise, you should be fine.

On a side note, the tires on my Prius have a max rating of 44 psi. But stock pressures are 35 psi front / 32 psi rear. I noticed the tire wear was uneven, more wear on the outside edges. So I increased the pressure to 40 psi front / 37 psi rear. People lost their minds! I was getting youtube comments saying the tires are gonna pop, I'm gonna have an accident because the handling is ruined, etc. People are funny. :rolleyes: