Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Need advice on acurate fuel usage instrument

Hi... How fine can the scan tool 2 indicate instant fuel usage ? I have a '98 Lexus LS400 and over the next couple'o'years i want to "get the most possible power with the least amount of fuel used". Has anyone used the Innovate OT-2 ?
I want to look at electric fan, electric water pump and electric power steering pump.... full time water injection, Jaycar DFA (digial fuel adjuster), adjusting the closed loop perametres, using a twin battery set up (start battery then switch to a motorbike size lithium battery to stabilize circut voltage), trying different oils, spark plugs and tire sizes.... All these things have claims to improve power and fuel economy... I spent 20 years building and road racing motorbikes, I don't race anymore so the Lex is the current project. Hopefully this year i'll have Liquid Injected LPG installed, Ive had several LP Gas cars in the past and i swear by it....
So yeah, right now what i'm looking for advice on an instrument that can give me acurate, instantaneous fuel usage.
Any advice on what instuments are out there would be greatly appreciated...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread