Go Back   EcoModder Forum > AltModding > Saving@Home
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2015, 05:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
The Infamous Greenworks 25272, how to quick charge

Short story..

I need to know where to get the end that plugs into the Greenworks mower to make a quick charge adapter so I can actually get the whole yard done in a day.

Long story...

My father after my repeated objects bought a 36v Lead Acid Self Propelled Lawnmower
the Greenworks 25272, in September of Last year.

He used a couple times then put the battery in the basement on the charger.

I drug out the battery and attempted to use the lawnmower when the time came
but it didn't want to start, had to pound the thing, reseat, screw around, clean terminals and give a heavy ho and then it ran for about 20 FT, put it on the charger, went green, hooked the charger right off the snoot to the battery and it finally took a charge for real.

The thing would run and want to shut down, then I would give it a pop a wheely and it would go again, I plugged it in after every bag full of grass and got it working.

I really wish he would have listened to me, they have a tad over a 1/3 of an acre of yard and this is not acceptable for that. Front yard yes but thats about it.

In any event we are stuck with the thing now, so my next goal is to figure out where to find the rediculous battery charge connector.

I already have lots of appropriate chargers and would like to covert the thing to running off the wall (using my quick charger) and then obviously run as designed
(when outside the range of the wall outlet)
and then have a rapid charge to 80% ability using my huge 10 amp 36v FLA charger. (should only take an hour to get enough charge to go for a good while again)

I also am thinking of converting to NiMH or LIFE since I have it laying around but that is for another day.

The mower is also permanently stuck in gear, I could not find much of anything about the mower besides it sucks no nothing usefull to determine what is wrong that it just sticks in gear.

As we've used the thing it seems to actually work know without trying to shut off, the battery gage is broken though since I had to apply massive force to make it run but that gage seems to be meaningless anyway.

Any ideas, the connector looks like the one on my Enginer battery charger but smaller, I think ti must be proprietary though (doesn't match any of the hookups I have seen)

Ah well, let me know the temptation to mod this is great since it does not run reliably, I wish to god my father would have just let me buy an electric mower off the junkyard for $10 and put my own battery solution, since it appears I am going to be in that boat soon anyway.

Thanx
Ryan

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-08-2015, 10:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,585 Times in 1,553 Posts
Hey Ryan. If you get some pictures it would probably help?

It really sounds like a little wire sticking out of the plastic and your own connector would be the cheapest/easiest. But, if you wanted, I could help you by 3d printing you out a connector if you can measure it up and get me a drawing of it.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles

It looks like a very small anderson connector.

Will get photos this saturday.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles

GreenWorks 29432 Images @ Mowers Direct - View GreenWorks 29432 Pictures and Videos

Photos of it there (sort of)

It looks like a red and a black square with a contact on one side a little over a 1/4" square

Reply  Post New Thread