EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Wish there was some Ecomodding TV program. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/wish-there-some-ecomodding-tv-program-23440.html)

sheepdog 44 09-24-2012 05:37 PM

Wish there was some Ecomodding TV program.

Or maybe just a Youtube weekly series, maybe on PBS. What a wealth of information and material could be had from interviewing all the people here about there Ecomodding for high efficiency projects. It could really open the publics eye's to the real world solutions to stem our dependence on foreign oil.

gone-ot 09-24-2012 07:12 PM

The HISTORY CHANNEL needs to find & air an Automotive "history of..." series on automobile technologies, for instance:

• engines-I (Otto, Diesel, Atkinson, Wankel, electric)
• engines-II (turbocharger, supercharger, NOx boost)
• fuels (alcohol, kerosene, gasoline, tetraethyl lead, no-lead, ethanol)
• transmissions (manual, automatic, dual-clutch, CVT)
• brakes (drum, disc, electric)
• lighting (gas lamps, incandescent lamps, fluorescent, LED lamps)
• airconditioning (pistons, wobble plate, diaphrams)
• radios (tube, solid state, AM/FM, digital)
• suspension (leaf, coil, torsion)
• shocks (friction, hydraulic, electronic)
• steering (link arm, gear box, rack & pinion, electric)
• tires (wooden, solid, pneumatic, tube, tubeless)
• aerodynamics (none, some, better, best)

...etc.

2000neon 09-25-2012 06:16 PM

^ I would definitely watch that.

Gealii 09-25-2012 07:57 PM

Giving me ideas maybe when I get my new editing software ill start up a YouTube series on ecomodding

botsapper 09-25-2012 08:04 PM

Like Justin Bieb, make a funny ecomodding vid on Youtoob. Do it, Gangnam-style.

Arragonis 09-29-2012 06:00 PM

There are quite a few youtube videos on hypermiling and a few on mods of all kinds - FE, soundproofing, performance and so on. Soom are good, honest experiments with no opinion one way or the other, some are promoting a website (cough - you know which one - cough) and some are adverts - like K&N, or the "SuperCombabulator" turbo.

TV is more or less based on getting people to spend money (advertising) and programs about saving seem to get less support from sponsors unless they are quite popular.

It would be superb if there was a dedicated YouTube channel or something on this idea, I suspect it won't happen though.

Gealii 09-29-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arragonis (Post 330992)
It would be superb if there was a dedicated YouTube channel or something on this idea, I suspect it won't happen though.

I am actually thinking about starting up a youtube series on ecomodding, hypermiling, and of course my car mods. I've always enjoyed editing pics and movies and enjoy photography myself so thinking it would be a great way to get back into all of it. but of course i'd advertise ecomodder

Arragonis 09-30-2012 03:16 PM

Go for it and post the address, and include members videos if they post them ? There was a thread on videos a while ago - or maybe it was a dream....

Weather Spotter 09-30-2012 06:42 PM

let me know if you need material for you channel, I would be glad to help and or walk through our wiki mods and how we can prove the results. I was thinking of a short clip on each mod, then show the numbers and how we get them... One a week and you have a year or two of material there.

Gealii 09-30-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weather Spotter (Post 331141)
let me know if you need material for you channel, I would be glad to help and or walk through our wiki mods and how we can prove the results. I was thinking of a short clip on each mod, then show the numbers and how we get them... One a week and you have a year or two of material there.

im always open to ideas, but i need to wait til after my next pay to buy some new video editing software i dislike windows media player.

I was thinking for the first video would be a mash-up of the ohio ecomodder event if i manage to get over there. for mods I figure i could do simpler mods such as air dams grill blocks etc the first mods most people do and have short clips on examples and how to's.