EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Fossil Fuel Free (https://ecomodder.com/forum/fossil-fuel-free.html)
-   -   Zenn Electric car (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/zenn-electric-car-1200.html)

H4MM3R 02-27-2008 02:41 PM

Zenn Electric car
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C02Auy1M8Uk

http://www.zenncars.com/

Links to an Electric car.

tjts1 02-27-2008 02:52 PM

Very cool. I saw one in Barcelona back in the summer of 2006. I didn't even realize it was electric at the time.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3204/...9e158640_o.jpg
I think its made in Canada.

trebuchet03 02-27-2008 03:00 PM

Wow, there's a retailer right down the road from me.... A road, with a speed limit of 45mph... Which is not legal to drive an NEV on...

Base price of $13,625 though :/

Christopher Jordan 02-27-2008 05:06 PM

Zenn got a "cease operations" order- last week I think. Canada won't allow them for some reason.

They were being sold here; I test drove one and it is terrific! But when they say 25 mph- they mean it. Pretty unnerving to have it floored and traffic is passing at 35 + mph.

Power sunroof and stereo were fun options. It is such a shame that these might disappear.

countersTrike

basjoos 02-27-2008 05:06 PM

Its aerodynamics don't look all that great, with a level roof line, open wheel wells, open wheel spokes, various stying bumps and grooves, and something hanging down underneath it (no underbody paneling?). I wonder what kind of speed and range improvement it would get with a decent aero treatment.

H4MM3R 02-27-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basjoos (Post 11703)
Its aerodynamics don't look all that great, with a level roof line, open wheel wells, open wheel spokes, various stying bumps and grooves, and something hanging down underneath it (no underbody paneling?). I wonder what kind of speed and range improvement it would get with a decent aero treatment.

At 25mph, not that much. Now if the car was able to go 40mph or faster then aero would play a much bigger factor.

H4MM3R 02-27-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher Jordan (Post 11702)
Zenn got a "cease operations" order- last week I think. Canada won't allow them for some reason.

They were being sold here; I test drove one and it is terrific! But when they say 25 mph- they mean it. Pretty unnerving to have it floored and traffic is passing at 35 + mph.

Power sunroof and stereo were fun options. It is such a shame that these might disappear.

countersTrike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M88k6Ipp3c

trebuchet03 02-27-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H4MM3R (Post 11706)
At 25mph, not that much. Now if the car was able to go 40mph or faster then aero would play a much bigger factor.

Sure, benefits will be more if it goes 40... But there's plenty benefit at 25. Don't believe me? Hop on a bike and tell me how much force you feel riding your bike at 25mph :p And a bike has but a fraction of the frontal area :D

All or nothing will result in the latter ;)

tjts1 02-27-2008 05:51 PM

They could probably sell a lot more of these things if it went 40mph.

H4MM3R 02-27-2008 05:54 PM

True, there is something to gained in aero even at 25mph. However weight and rolling resistance have more of a drag then aero at speeds below 40mph. Above 40mph aero is the greatest resistance the car has to work against.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com