View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 05:51 PM   #77 (permalink)
Daschicken
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JockoT View Post
That may work in the US but in the UK one defective tyre negates your insurance, and no insurance means your car is impounded.
Each defective tyre gets you 3 penalty points. And penalty points stay on your record for from 4 to 11 years. 12 penalty points on your licence means you are banned from driving. Driving while banned can mean jail time.
Much cheaper here just to replace your tyres when they wear out!
So many people would get arrested here in the U.S. for that. Sounds like a REASONABLE idea though, lots of people just do not give a f**k about their cars, and watching their driving styles: Their lives or the lives of the people around them. Having taken a family vacation to Germany and other neighboring countries recently, it was amazing how much better their drivers are. It was also a pleasant surprise to see VERY few police, just speed cameras. I would much prefer that system to ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14'ecocruze View Post
If I didn't have my pop can turbo to give my car a reasonable amount of to question at above eco rmps I would do EOC but EOnC is the option as of now. Don't want to fry a turbo. I would expect to be able to break into mid to upper 60s with EOC.
I wouldn't be worried about turbo heat with EOC'ing, but I WOULD be worried about lubrication. If the engine stops, the oil flow is probably stopped too. I think some new cars continue circulating oil through the turbo after shutdown, but don't count on it.

Quote:
Last night had 16 miles at 43 mpg due to standing water on the roads during nasty small storm. Started when I hit the highway and ended when I got off. Mother nature isnt in my favor that was 28 miles at under 50.
Hey, at least you can break 40 mpg when it rains. Makes my avatar kind of ironic.

Quote:
Ever deal with an artificial limiter on a gas tank? I have over 2 gallons of wasted space in my tank if I don't top off by trickle filling for 10 minutes. Not fun when you have places to be and **** to do.
Anyways what I was saying is the trip computer doesn't add any distance when EOC. I need to use odometer and subtract to figure out how many miles I have actually driven. I do typically fill up at same pump everytime. So I can try to trickle in my usual extra gallon.
Can't you remove the limiter? Just so stupid they decided to put that thing in there. The manual transmission version has more range than the automatic? OH NO, we can't let that happen. The ONLY reason I could see that they did that would be to make sure people who do low mileage don't have the same old gas in their tanks for too long.

Best trip in V6: 52.0
Best tank in V6: 46.0
Best tank in Mazda: 49.9
Best tank in CBR: 61.3
Best tank in SV: 83.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
You can lead a fashion-conscious horse to unusual-looking water...

The Following User Says Thank You to Daschicken For This Useful Post:
ecocruze (09-05-2017)