Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2023, 02:11 PM   #41 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
' how to fix'

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
My Geo Metro weighs ~1800lb, same as a 36HP Beetle. But I have no ides how to fix anything, from a tuneup to the push button that keeps falling off the windshield wiper switch.

Twice the gas mileage though.
' wonder if you could find an official Geo shop manual, or an after-market manual online. I never leave home without one.

freebeard (12-02-2023)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-02-2023, 03:00 PM   #42 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Appliance White - '93 Geo Metro 4-Dr. Auto
Last 3: 42.35 mpg (US)

Stealth RV - '91 Chevy Sprint Base
I've always done my own maintenance, and never had a serious delay on the road. The two trickiest repairs took a week and a month out of service, over 25 years. Until two years ago, when I needed a tow three miles home, and never could trace the dead wire. I'm in the boonies, so my best option was to finally do the rings and valves on the coupe, even though I'd never been able to buy an XFI cam (US only) for it. Working underneath was not much of a problem, and having it jacked up for that saved my back when working on top. It was tedious, with lots of learning along the way, but seems successful. I'd only forgotten one hose clamp, easily remedied.
I had a friend who didn't know what the oil light on his slant-6 meant, and then replaced the bearings himself.
aerohead (12-04-2023)
Old 12-02-2023, 03:19 PM   #43 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,597 Times in 7,080 Posts
Last time i tried Smith Family Book Store (Eugene's Powells) had just purged a lot of books, best they could do was a Geo Storm manual. It might be worth trying again. Thanx.

On 2nd thought: duckduckgo.com/?q=Geo+Metro+manual&ia=web

edit: I'm looking for an hydraulic floor jack, bottle jacks are tedious and iffy. What it need most is a cat delete.

Old 12-02-2023, 03:40 PM   #44 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Appliance White - '93 Geo Metro 4-Dr. Auto
Last 3: 42.35 mpg (US)

Stealth RV - '91 Chevy Sprint Base
I have used home made ramps, but this job was all scissors jacks, including a gas tank swap. A really strong drill will get them up and down in a hurry. I also made jack stands and progressive blocks. Then I danced on the car before crawling underneath.
Hayne's manual covers many models, which makes it hard to follow, but there's some good info. I also relied heavily on a pen-pal who has done minor repairs to re-sell about 75 Metros. A lot of time went into just removing stubborn parts, and puzzling out how to separate old electrical connectors - all different. I took pictures and labelled 8 hoses that were not obvious by location. I still don't know what most of them do.
I was glad I have a big bench vise, and a fairly deluxe set of sockets and wrenches. The car sat on gravel under the proverbial shade tree, and the block stayed in. Old Coroplast signs made a slick, comfy surface to slide under on.

aerohead (12-04-2023), freebeard (12-02-2023)
Reply  Post New Thread