Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2016, 11:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

During the drive last night my brother and I found out that the rear suspension bushings are worn out and need replacing. Also, back-up lights don't work.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-10-2016, 01:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
bummer about those bushings. lots of little issues on such an old vehicle. But I have been postponing a replacement on my civic for at least a year, fwiw. I drive it at least 25 miles five days a week.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Also the steeing wheel is unaligned. This should be an easy fix once I have access to some tools.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I learned how to reset the SRS system. Now the SRS light lights up for six seconds after the ignition is on and after that it's gone.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Team Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandras View Post
I learned how to reset the SRS system. Now the SRS light lights up for six seconds after the ignition is on and after that it's gone.
knocking down those pins... every bit counts as progress.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Just to log things: the car now has 268264 kilometers on it.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Another little tid-bit. Got the back-up lights fixed. On the weekend I plan to do some more substantial work with the help of my dad. Who am I kidding. He'll be doing the bulk of the work and I'll be helping as he's a lot more experienced than me. I do hope to learn something though.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

In preparation for the trip to my dad who lives a hundred kilometers away I filled the tank and tires. Now I can start logging fuel economy and the ride feels stiffer which I like. I put a conservative 2.3 bar on all four corners. Also I'm getting used to EOC'ing.

Last edited by sandras; 05-12-2016 at 05:25 PM..
Old 05-15-2016, 04:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

During the weekend me and my dad replaced a rusted out front left fender, replaced a worn out rear right upper control arm with it's bushings with another used one, fixed a cigarette lighter, fixed the left electric window, washed the car's outside and engine bay and vacuumed the interior. I also removed the muffler tip. I like how the car looks without it and it saves a bit of weight. I'm planning on removing some of the interior panels for further weight and rattle reduction. I'm also going to bump up the tire pressure to 2.4 bar and I have an idea of using my number plate as a partial grille block. Another aero-idea is to have some speed-holes in my rear bumper, but this will have to wait.
The Following User Says Thank You to sandras For This Useful Post:
Joggernot (05-16-2016)
Old 05-15-2016, 05:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Team Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandras View Post
... Another aero-idea is to have some speed-holes in my rear bumper, but this will have to wait.
Most around here, maybe everybody, including the aero engineers, will tell you speed holes do nothing. A rear diffuser, properly angled, is the ticket.

Reply  Post New Thread