Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Sweetie - '11 Hyundai Sonata GLS
90 day: 39.35 mpg (US)

My Miles - '03 Combo GLS/KLX/Ninja
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)

Sipper' - '04 Kawasaki Ninja 250
90 day: 74.98 mpg (US)
Looking back over time.

Funny how when I joined this site, back in late 2010, it seemed I could not learn enough fast enough. Was always amp'd to come in after work and see new posts. Always excited to post my new 'fill' numbers. Always excited to see new records happen. Having goals set, and met helped keep it interesting, challenging and fun.

I remember having an original goal of a 40 mpg tank and how it seemed so hard to get it there, and finally with adding a UG, a grill block and upping tire pressures it was suddenly there. Got three 40 mpg tanks in a row.

Then went for a while wondering HOW I would get my next milestone, a 41 mpg tank. That happened it summer 2011 and it seemed like forever, almost a year before breaking that record with three tanks in a row at 43.5

After that I thought it was over, that I could do no better. My mpg was suffering and I could not seemingly drive efficiently anymore. Then, remembering what I had learned on those last three good tanks (this last March) I was back!

New records are happening! Four out of my last five tanks have been new record tanks, a record distance tank, record mpg across an oil change interval, record time the tank lasted and my last tank was 45.47 mpg!

Still have only done four mods. Higher tire pressure, grill block, UG and drag reduction clips, those were done two weeks ago so have very little bearing on the results.

The best part is looking back at all my posts and seeing where I came from. The worst part is of course the knowledge I now have cannot be sent back in time to save me all that gas money!

Love this site and since the people are what make it, means I love the people here.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,965 Times in 3,606 Posts
I can clearly remember the "AHA!" moment that came from the combination of plugging in my first ScanGauge plus a freshly installed engine kill switch. Things sure jumped an orbit that day!

Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
Reply  Post New Thread