View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
MazdaMatt
Master EcoModder

2k2Prot5 - '02 Mazda Protege5
90 day: 33.82 mpg (US)
I put a 1-piece bumper/fender/hood on my Del Sol. It was actually made for an EG. It is made of fiberglass (very thin and light!). It has faired fenders that come back in to meet with the door edge. I attach it with two c-shaped brackets on the inside of the bumper that attach to a bar across the front, then there are 4 dzus clips, one at the bottom of each fender by the door and one at each side of the top edge of the hood. It hides my 13x9 wheels.

It came from a guy that does custom race parts and he keeps the mould at a fiberglass place (so they can use the chopper). He originally got the mould as a copy from MB (i think) in cali (I think) who has gone out of business. He charged me 900 cash delivered. The cost was steep because I'm the first guy in a long time to ask him for it and he was making it worth his while.

edit: added picture. The rad hole has been ducted and for anything less than full throttle it can be MUCH smaller. I had originally cut a hole about 3x8, but i could go from normal temp to overheating in 2 turns at full throttle. If i used one gear too high, it was okay even at full throttle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	3300  

Last edited by MazdaMatt; 04-23-2009 at 04:58 PM..