View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 06:12 PM   #33 (permalink)
Arminius
Future EV Owner

Wannabe - '05 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 40.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesgot4 View Post
just broke my mpg record in my 2006 malibu(at least 225 mile on a trip) drove about 90% interstate at 55mph and filled up when i arrived home and got a whopping(for my malibu)
47.45833 mpg!wow! old record was about 44mpg! the reason i want a new car is i drive so far and so much i dont want to many miles on my vehicle when i'm 1000 miles from home and i dont want to go through the fix it every week phase!
Yeah, you said that before, but it doesn't make any sense to me. If you won't buy a car with 10-20k miles on it, are you going to dump your new car when it gets 10-20k on it? That might be within 20 weeks, the way you drive. The depreciation the first year makes a used car a deal that can't be refused, if you care about getting a good deal.

If you won't drive any car with 10-20k on it because you're afraid that it will be in the shop all the time (a notion which seems unfounded to me), then you have to apply the same logic to the next new car you get.

Getting a used car saves you enough money to pay for gas for 2-4 years (depending on the car).

Last edited by Arminius; 04-25-2009 at 06:17 PM..