View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #43 (permalink)
Carwhisperer
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
That's what I'd be concerned about. A cop would probably give the owner a free pass to the local state ref and let them decide if it's a MC or car.
Are you saying that if I get pulled over with a SPCNS title I have a better chance of not getting sent to the BAR because I have already been there? Vs. having a salvaged MC title, which would make the cops likely to send me to the BAR to sort things out?

Quote:
unchosen: I'm not proposing the OP do anything illegal or even new. When the officer pulls up the information through his database on his car laptop it will show that its a motorcycle with a deed of destruction-to-rebuilt title, which he will know as I stated that the new vehicle can be whatever it wants and be called the old one.
I believe in CA a "destruction-to-rebuilt title" would be called a "salvaged title". If so, that is something I could easily accomplish here in CA without having to travel to a different state. A salvaged title is generally issued when a vehicle is considered wrecked beyond repair but someone decides to fix it anyways. Is that how a vehicle typically ends up with a "destruction-to-rebuilt title" in TN?