View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 08:27 AM   #51 (permalink)
theunchosen
Master EcoModder

Waffle do you have proof or can you cite regulations that stipulate what percentage and what must be entailed for a motorcycle to be considered a motorcycle?

Because I've done this. I've had it inspected. I had a stock 00 CBR registered as an OLD Harley. Didn't change anything.

Also I know of two cars registered as cars with MC engines. They are cars.

So unless you can cite regulations that stipulate what engine a car must have to be salvaged as that car you better speak up. I know in North Carolina where emissions is an issue that changing out the motor to either motorcycle or a different engine does not cause a failure for inspection under a salvage. Even when its thoroughly inspected to make sure its not stolen. The Engine was an H22A8 dropped into a Del Sol's back end with no front engine. It was registered as a Del Sol with its emissions requirements for 1993 model year and the engine was registered under the car's VIN and he stamped a new VIN and plated it over the old engine one. He put a GSXR1000 engine in an Integra and did the exact same thing.

So unless you have a citation from a .gov or you've done this I don't believe you.

There are regulations about profiles when its manufactured. You can modify it as long as you don't remove emissions equipment. Removing Cat and muffler get you a ticket. Putting a turbo on does not. Putting a new engine in does not. Putting a motorcycle engine in a car does not. Putting a car engine in a motorcycle(why you would do this I am not sure) does not.

We aren't removing emissions equipment. In fact because its a car it already far exceeds emissions protocols for a motorcycle of 96 model year. So even if they have an issue with its emissions he is already overcoming those.

and I am aware SPCNS is not just for the first 500. Chosing your model year for emissions reasons is though. Anything after 500 gets slapped with an 09 model year and no matter what that means smog checks.