View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 12:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
hu_man
EcoModding Lurker

Hi all. I bought the kit and went to the computer and all was great. Installed it in about 15 minutes checked everything an it was good. Went on a test drive and got the thing reading instantly but not in spec. I had my 7 year old daughter reading the GPS on speed while I went about adjusting the VSS calib. in about a mile or so the MPG screen froze so I unplugged the power and reset the unit all was good again but again it froze. This time I adjusted the injection to bring it down from the 500+mpg it was displaying thinking it was having a calculation error. I drove and adjusted the vss until I was about .5 mph off and the screen went blank. I have it plugged into my computer right now but can not get the display up. I would like to reflash the pic but I have no Idea how to do it. I downloaded the arduino 11 program but have no clue as to how to make my computer and the pic to comunicate with each other I sure could use some help here. It is nothing like my Microchip programmer and I am sure I could spend days looking for good info to get to a 5 minute job. I would like all the help I can get. I am using it on a 1990 Chrylser Lebaron that had the digital dash that went out. I can live without some of info from the dash but a MPH gauge would be nice not to mention being able to get MPG at a glance.
Thanks all,
Hugh Coleman