View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 10:35 PM   #38 (permalink)
roflwaffle
Master EcoModder

Camryaro - '92 Toyota Camry LE V6
90 day: 31.12 mpg (US)

Red - '00 Honda Insight

Prius - '05 Toyota Prius

3 - '18 Tesla Model 3
90 day: 152.47 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_john View Post
is there a way to make mine a constant speed control using the go pedal for the setpoint, so it would not just be limiting the spill rack but increasing fuel if the rpm dropped below the setpoint.

is it the governor spring in this picture
No, with just adjustments/tweaks. Maybe, if you have some technical/electrical know-how...

-No. The only things you can adjust are how much fuel is injected at WOP (wide open pedal) via the Full-load adjusting screw, at what engine speed fuel starts getting cut via shimming/changing the Governor spring, and how fast it drops back down to low idle via removing/replacing/changing the Intermediate spring. So, you can adjust how quick it revs, how much fuel is injected per firing, and when the fuel gets cut/peak power/engine speed, but I don't see how you can set it up so that it'll increase fueling when engine speed automatically drops as dictated by a setpoint via the engine speed control lever/pedal.

-Maybe. If you have something that can move the Full-load screw in and out while driving, and a speed sensor, I think it's possible to build a circuit that will move the Full-load screw in and out in order to keep everything at a set speed. Whether or not this is easier/cheaper than a cruise control setup that just moves the pedal cable according to some speed sensor, I'm not sure.