View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #51 (permalink)
Chuck.
EcoModding Apprentice

I may have missed something, and apologize if I skimmed too much.

I've seen numerous hypermiling articles with reader's comments and I'm conditioned to lead-footed drivers rant against it....might have been quick to judgement on that.

I encourage anyone hypermiling to do everything possible to let others by - not just the obvious poking in the passing lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm View Post
Not defensive. You're reading more into what I'm saying. I'm also not sure where I criticized "your ride". I don't know you, nor do I know anything about "your ride". Seems you're just looking for an argument.

I acknowledged that speeders are law-breakers, not law-abiders.

If you're driving BELOW the speed limit, as this poster was, and not in the right hand lane, then anyone driving THE SPEED LIMIT in that lane, has to switch over two lanes to legally pass you, or break the law and pass you on the right. As you said, most states have a law to not pass on the right. It appears the original poster is not familiar with this law, or would understand my concern with the sticker on the back of the truck.

I've noticed that people in this area with hypermiling stickers on their car, have a general attitude that they have a "right" to be in the way of other drivers, or just a general lack of concern for others. When I do my hypermiling, I make a point to make sure that I'm not in the way or impeding someone else. It's just not good for the hobby to piss off everyone else.