View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 01:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
413: Good suggestion on the X-Gauge! I need to look into the SGII's extra options. I do know that the transmission case cools-off too quickly in Winter, so airflow might be OK (but Summer is another story).

IATs run about 140F in warm weather and hotter still in the blazing heat, so yeah -- I have to run premium or knock like mad. Again, it's a Winter thing. The ideal FE occurs at 100-110F. CFG has a good point -- Teggy needs a coat in the winter and shorts in the summer.

I'm gladly stuck at the home office this week, so I haven't had to go anywhere (plus a garage sale prep -- come on by for some great deals of the Great Recession!)

Further investigation: when the fans engage, the hot air blows back into the engine bay. Here's why...

< II_II X 4 |

Translation: Front of car, A/C condenser, small space, Rad, Fan, Engine, Firewall.

The A/C condenser blocks a lot of airflow. Further, air flows around the rad in stock form, with no block at all. I'm interested in the airdam. Any pics Ed?

I agree hot smell = bad. The plug wires already (and literally) blew apart over the Winter, likely because of heat stress and friction.

It's going to be hard, but I may have to go backwards in my Mods...

RH77

_
_