View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
slurryguy
EcoModding Lurker

It is extremely difficult to tell from these pictures, but it appears similar to a motor I disassembled several years ago. Take my suggestions with caution. I'm not 100% certain of any of my recollections.

There may be some very long bolts that extend through the entire length of the cylindrical field housing. What is visible inside those two small holes in the end opposite the pump? Are there screw/bolt heads visible inside those holes?

I would also suggest checking to see if those long threaded rods extending out of the pump end can be turned. Do NOT try to grip them with pliers or vice grips. That will only damage them and make them more difficult to move. Try threading on two nuts onto one of the threaded ends and tighten them against each other. Then put a wrench on those nuts as if they are bolt heads and see if those threaded rods will come out. It's possible they are helping hold the pump on, but I'm not certain. Don't get too crazy and shear them off.

Finally, don't be afraid to use some firm, "persuasion" to verify that the pump isn't just rusted or stuck on after you are convinced you have removed all of the bolts that hold it in place. Sometimes a few sharp blows with a hammer and coal chisel will convince such items who is the boss. You can be pretty aggressive with these motors without causing serious damage, but use your own common sense to determine how much is too much force.

Best wishes on your project.