View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 10:26 AM   #15 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
So now there's complete flow into the air dam and I removed a small panel in the wiper area. With the fans on, you can feel air movement out of the slot.

So yesterday was a great weather day, but poor testing conditions. 50-55F and a 50 mile round-trip proved a constant 202F coolant temp at cruise (it would bounce between 198F and 204F). Cruising around town, that figure went up to 206F avg. With EOC, that jumped up to 230F and would ease down to 206-213F until the revs came up.

Frank -- that's what concerns me a bit: I haven't done anything differently than the last 4 Winters and then back to warm-weather operation. Also, I replace the hoses with new ones during the rad swap. Wow 14 years on battery, original hoses, and coolant! But the question is, how often do you drive it? (Is that the Tempo?)

I think the sensor is showing a bit on the high side. On the plus side, IATs were at the 100F range, FE was great, and the fans stayed off. No hot smell either! But it wasn't "hot" out...

So if I dump the reservoir and replace it with water, would that be a solid test? Plus, should I buy distilled water, or would filtered water from the fridge be acceptable?

On an aside, I need to upgrade the SGII to get X-Gauge. I haven't done it yet (I can't part with it for a couple weeks!)

-RH77

_
_